An odd request...

An odd request...

This is a discussion on An odd request... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I need someone to measure the length between the tip of the trigger and the front of the trigger guard on a Glock 17 or ...

Thread: An odd request...

An odd request...

I need someone to measure the length between the tip of the trigger and the front of the trigger guard on a Glock 17 or dimensionally identical Glock. I ordered a holster that will not arrive for two more weeks, but the issue is that no belt loop dimension was specified in the information. The holster is an Aker 166A Clasic 3-slot strapless holster for a gov't size 1911, but all that is available is a stock picture of the holster with what appears to be a Glock 17.

I am trying to identify the size of the loops by superimposing the loop over the trigger guard, and the loops reach precisely from the tip of the trigger to the front of the trigger guard. I have included the stock picture as an attachment.

I only have a 1.75" belt currently, but I need to know the size of the loop so that I can plan accordingly in case I need to buy a 1.5" belt.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I believe you will be OK. Most holster makers make their belt loops (slots) for 1 3/4" belts. The 1 3/4" belt gives more stability than the 1 1/2" belt. If you are really worried try giving Aker a call they will be glad to help. They may even be able to sell you the "proper" belt for their holster.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    I need someone to measure the length between the tip of the trigger and the front of the trigger guard on a Glock 17 or dimensionally identical Glock.
    The front of the trigger guard in the picture is obscured by leather, but...

On both my Glock 21 and 27, with the trigger ready to pull, the distance between the tip of the trigger--not the little trigger safety gadget---and the forward edge of the trigger guard, along a line parallel to the barrel axis, is 25mm. I think this dimension must be the same on all unmodified generation 3 models. The mag plate length is dependent on the caliber of the pictured pistol.

However, your picture has the trigger in the pulled position. The corresponding length would be 39mm.

Something a little easier, the mag base plate is 1.5 inches for the dim that you can see.

VIP Member
    Have you considered contacting the maker to find out? Phone or email?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Have you considered contacting the maker to find out? Phone or email?
    I sent them an email on Friday and just got a response back from them. They said it should fit from 1.25" to 1.75" belts.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Links