B B guns and kids

This is a discussion on B B guns and kids within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Pursuant to Florida Statute sec. 790.22, minors under 16-years old are prohibited from using , for any purpose whatsoever, BB guns, unless the minor using ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B B guns and kids

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Pursuant to Florida Statute sec. 790.22, minors under 16-years old are prohibited from using, for any purpose whatsoever, BB guns, unless the minor using the BB gun is under the supervision and in the presence of an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor's parent.

Note that the FL statute says 'using" a BB gun, not possession. So it would be legal for the kid to have it but can't "use" it without adult supervision. A BB gun--by FL legal definition--is not a firearm.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

I agree with you,throwing in the call of duty games with a first 'gun' dont sound responsible.But it all depends on the parents,and you could have a part in that.Safety is everything.If he knows responsibility,why not? I had bb and pellet guns before that age,i had knives i toted around.I knew the risks.

I had a couple of BB/pellet guns at age seven. At 10 I was hunting with .22's and Daddy's shotty. I, however, grew up in a very gun-safe/strict enviroment. I was taught safty and HAD to demenstrate such before being trusted. Earning that trust, and even more so, not breaking that earned trust, kept me on the stright and narrow (even to this very day!). Is that a similar enviroment for this child? Are the parents, in your judgement, educating this youngster satisfactorly?
    If not, all you can do is back off and keep you and yours away from unsafe and irresponsiable behavior.

JMO and nothing else.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links