NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner. - Page 2

NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner.

This is a discussion on NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 So where are we now? Depressed, divorced, felon, can't get a job, can't vote, and he lives in NJ.....and this time ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    So where are we now? Depressed, divorced, felon, can't get a job, can't vote, and he lives in NJ.....and this time of year has the highest rate of suicides......Merry Christmas, Mom....don't do anymore favors.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

Well, the NJ Police's attitude of .... we arrest and charge you , and it's up to you to prove your innocence doesn't seem a viable approach either.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

17-round mags and hollow points...Brian's crime that 'won' him a 7 year felony conviction.
    Meanwhile, Jersey has one of the most corrupt political machines in the country.
    Pay to play is the name of the game. Millions of dollars wasted and stolen.
    Maybe they should start handing out 7 year prison sentences to some of our politicians.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I would leave NJ and NEVER EVER EVER go back
    I did, its warm here and we keep our guns

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Nope....in this narrow scope, mom put him in jail.

This is what happens when sheep are conditioned to "call the police"...because police can fix everything....

What happened?? Instead of being sad/upset/depressed from losing his son/family in a divorce, now thanks to mom, he's a convicted felon--what real chance does he have in seeing his kid again. Her (the ex-wife) lawyer is going to jump all over this....

So where are we now? Depressed, divorced, felon, can't get a job, can't vote, and he lives in NJ.....and this time of year has the highest rate of suicides......Merry Christmas, Mom....don't do anymore favors.
    Couldn't agree more on this one. You don't go calling the cops automatically like that unless you are a total tool. The mother would be cut off from me after this one.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Evidently you are privy to more intimate details of their relationship and divorce than I am. I only know what has been reported, and nothing said his wife had kicked him out. He purchased and brought the guns with him from Colorado, so it isn't like he had just left their home with them. I didn't see anything that said why the scheduled visitation was called off.....there could be a legitimate reason why she had to call it off, believe it or not, they do sometimes happen.

As to ex's, you don't need to tell me about how they can be, I have had one for almost 30 years now.

Yes, I'm going by other reports that have been made about his situation. It was a fact that she was preventing him from visiting his child at the time of the incident. That was what caused him to be so despondent at that time.

If one believes that there were legitimate reasons to deny him visitation, then one has to accept that this man is a loser, and certainly not worthy of any admiration or sympathy from anyone.

But the simple fact is that it is quite common for women to deny visitation during an on-going divorce and custody battle. She was fighting him in court at the time in a custody battle, trying to get sole custody when this all took place. I don't know the final outcome of the divorce. So I don't know if she succeeded in getting sole custody or not.

The bottom line is that this man's life is now in shambles. At least he is no longer in prison now. Whether he deserved all of this happening to him or not, I don't think anyone can say for sure.

But I do know for a fact that there are a lot of men who suffer terribly from indicative wives who do the lowest, meanest things to them during a divorce. I've talked to far too many men with this experience, and multiple divorce lawyers have told me that this is far more common than many folks realize. And denying visitation is one of the easiest things that women can do to hurt their future ex-spouse during the divorce battle.

He needs to publicly (involve media) apply for clemency from Gov. Christie to have the Felony removed from his record.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Yup............we have the best politicians money can buy.

Here in NJ, a fool and his money are soon Elected.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Good for him but sad that he had to go through this injustice. He should sue the state in return to send a message to those overzealous judges and prosecutors as well as compensate for his lost wages while unjustly incarcerated.

This is exactly why unless you have a real life-death domestic situation, don't ever call the police to help out. Whenever they are involved, someone is going to jail... or at least going through the "system." Better to deal with family issues with family. IMO

I visited someone in NJ once...never went back. If I had it my way, I'd never leave the hills of Virginia.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links