NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner.

This is a discussion on NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sorry if this has already been posted. Fox News ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner.

NJ commutes sentence of legal gun owner.

Sorry if this has already been posted.
    Fox News.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I would leave NJ and NEVER EVER EVER go back

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I would leave NJ and NEVER EVER EVER go back
    I did...5 years ago.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Hopefully he won't let this drop with the commutation of the sentence. He is still a convicted felon and has lost many right (not only 2A).
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I would hope to see the conviction expunged though the Gov did a good thing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Gov. Christie took the cowards way out. The conviction should have been overturned.

com·mu·ta·tion noun \ˌkäm-yə-ˈtā-shən, -yü-\
    Definition of COMMUTATION
    1: exchange, trade
    2: replacement; specifically : a substitution of one form of payment or charge for another
    3: a change of a legal penalty or punishment to a lesser one <commutation of a death sentence>
    4: an act or process of commuting
    5: the action of commutating
    See commutation defined for English-language learners »
    Examples of COMMUTATION
    He appealed for a commutation of his death sentence to life imprisonment.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Nope, he is still considered guilty, and thus now completely barred from owning any firearms of any kind.

That is amazing that the prison sentence was so very harsh, for someone who posed no threat at all to society.

This is just another example of how a vindictive woman can destroy her husband's life through a mean and dirty divorce.

Just one of the multitude of ways the garden state reams it's residents.
    I left 3 years ago & never looked back...or had to buy Preparation H again!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Nope, he is still considered guilty, and thus now completely barred from owning any firearms of any kind.

That is amazing that the prison sentence was so very harsh, for someone who posed no threat at all to society.

This is just another example of how a vindictive woman can destroy her husband's life through a mean and dirty divorce.
    Actually his ex had nothing to do with it. His mother is the one who called the police, because she was concerned about his mental state.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Since this was strictly a statutory violation, I wonder how 7 years in jail compares to the sentence for another statutory violation in the Garden State - statutory rape.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Actually his ex had nothing to do with it. His mother is the one who called the police, because she was concerned about his mental state.
    Gee thanks alot mom! Either way he got a bum rap on this all the way around. Part of that was because he lived in or was moving to (depending on which story you go by) New Jersey. One of several places/cities/states that I will "never" be found in either dead or alive.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I will never step one foot into any of the "anti-gun" states...ever!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    What do you mean? The ex-wife caused all of his problems, not his mother.

It was the ex-wife who kicked him out and thus forced him to have his guns in the trunk of his car. It was his ex-wife who had prevented him from having visitation with his son, which is why he was so upset and depressed.

The mother did not cause him to have any of these problems. She only called the police because she was afraid that he was so depressed over the nightmarish divorce he was experiencing that he could become suicidal. She called the police to protect him from harm, not send him to state prison for 7 years.

The ex-wife is clearly the bad person in this matter. Don't blame the mother. The mother had only good intentions to help protect her son.

There are a lot of women who do very evil and cruel things during a divorce. And men can often suffer greatly because of that.

Nope....in this narrow scope, mom put him in jail.

This is what happens when sheep are conditioned to "call the police"...because police can fix everything....

What happened?? Instead of being sad/upset/depressed from losing his son/family in a divorce, now thanks to mom, he's a convicted felon--what real chance does he have in seeing his kid again. Her (the ex-wife) lawyer is going to jump all over this....

So where are we now? Depressed, divorced, felon, can't get a job, can't vote, and he lives in NJ.....and this time of year has the highest rate of suicides......Merry Christmas, Mom....don't do anymore favors.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    What do you mean? The ex-wife caused all of his problems, not his mother.

It was the ex-wife who kicked him out and thus forced him to have his guns in the trunk of his car. It was his ex-wife who had prevented him from having visitation with his son, which is why he was so upset and depressed.
    The mother did not cause him to have any of these problems. She only called the police because she was afraid that he was so depressed over the nightmarish divorce he was experiencing that he could become suicidal. She called the police to protect him from harm, not send him to state prison for 7 years.

The ex-wife is clearly the bad person in this matter. Don't blame the mother. The mother had only good intentions to help protect her son.

There are a lot of women who do very evil and cruel things during a divorce. And men can often suffer greatly because of that.

Evidently you are privy to more intimate details of their relationship and divorce than I am. I only know what has been reported, and nothing said his wife had kicked him out. He purchased and brought the guns with him from Colorado, so it isn't like he had just left their home with them. I didn't see anything that said why the scheduled visitation was called off.....there could be a legitimate reason why she had to call it off, believe it or not, they do sometimes happen.

As to ex's, you don't need to tell me about how they can be, I have had one for almost 30 years now.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links