gunbroker.com

gunbroker.com

This is a discussion on gunbroker.com within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are good deals to be had on gunbroker.com if you are the buyer? If there is twenty minutes left on a particular gun, and there ...

Thread: gunbroker.com

gunbroker.com

Are good deals to be had on gunbroker.com if you are the buyer? If there is twenty minutes left on a particular gun, and there are no bids with no reserve, can you just bid like $20 and possibly win? thanks. bunker

I've bought two handguns via Gunbroker.com - Springfield Loaded 1911 .45ACP stainless and Dan Wesson CBOB .45ACP. I got a good price on each (separate purchases) and saved about $150 - $200 off the going price at the time of purchase.

I don't know if a seller would honor a sale as you describe. If they did that would be a really cheap purchase.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Yes you can.....but not really. It almost never happens, but if you do win then they will have to honor it or face trouble with the web site. good luck!
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Yep, GunBroker does a good job. And unlike fleaBay, they have a "15 minute rule" which works like the auctioneer's "going once - going twice - sold!" in a live auction - which, as far as I know, defeats the "sniping" software that you need to be a successful bidder on eBay.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Lots of bargains to be had on gunbroker. I started with them back in 2000 when ebay quit doing guns but have never done as good as I did on ebay.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Distinguished Member
    You can get good deals there, you just have to keep watching.

I buy there alot because I can't find what I am looking for local.
    I had a 870P ordered local for 12 weeks. I ended up buying on GB and got it within a weeks time, at a better price.
    Last edited by redrick; December 24th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.

Yeah, I've bought some things on GunBroker. it's a great site.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

As with any online auction site, always read the instructions for buyers carefully, and always check the sellers reputation points and feedback.

I have bought only one gun from Gunbroker.com and it was an excellent price and a smooth transaction. I would certainly buy again!

And yes, I was nervous on that first buy because it involved a firearm, but in the end, a very smooth purchase.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have never bought on Gunbroker, but I sold one gun there. I keep looking for guns there all the time though, and will probably buy some time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Yep, GunBroker does a good job. And unlike fleaBay, they have a "15 minute rule" which works like the auctioneer's "going once - going twice - sold!" in a live auction - which, as far as I know, defeats the "sniping" software that you need to be a successful bidder on eBay.
    Sniping software on ebay only effects people who don't understand how ebay works. You don't need to log in and increase your bid every time someone outbids you. You are supposed to enter your "Maximum" bid. The system then will proxy for you and put in your bids until you've reached your maximum.

If someone "outbids" you and you feel like the "stole" the auction from you simply by bidding last second... then it can only be because you didn't enter the true maximum you wanted to pay. If I'm outbid at my maximum I let it go and look for a better deal. BTW. I'm a rabid ebay auction sniper because there are so many folks who don't know how the system works. :)

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I've never had a problem on Gunbroker. Don't get me started about e-bay.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Bid the MOST you are willing to pay for the gun after considering the cost of shipping and transfer and let the auction run its course. As mentioned, each time there is a bid in the last part of the auction, the auction is extended 15 minutes. (And this IS a good thing.)

Example:
    LSG - $475.00 OTD.
    Gunbroker - 445.00 + $25.00 Shipping + $15.00 Transfer Fee = $485.00

That leaves you $10.00 to the good if bought from a LGS.

Just a thought.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I bought my M&P 340 from there at a great deal and it sits in my pocket as we speak.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Sponsored Links