Short Ruger Service Department Review

This is a discussion on Short Ruger Service Department Review within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shipped a Super Redhawk 44 magnum back to Ruger on 12/22/2010 for a general going over and to address a small nick on the outer ...

Thread: Short Ruger Service Department Review

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Shipped a Super Redhawk 44 magnum back to Ruger on 12/22/2010 for a general going over and to address a small nick on the outer edge of the forcing cone.

Firearm was returned today 12/30/2010. They adjusted the barrel, replaced crane, replaced hammer spring, replaced front and rear sights and the grip.

Total charges - Z E R O

Considering this was done during a Holiday period and with an eight-day turn around, I am absolutely impressed.

I cannot imigine asking more from any firearms company. I had expected to see the gun back in late January to mid February. Amazing service!

My only compalint is that they changed the grip. I had the pretty rubber inlayed grip when it went in. I got the big rubber grip on return. Not an issue all things considered, but the wood / rubber grip was quiet nice.

Makes me feel quiet happy since I recently invested in one of their SR40 pistols.

Outstanding customer service!

Best! in the new year..

Diddle
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Very good, but you'd think that they might consider that you may "like" the grip that was on it. I'd contact them and tell them you liked your other grip. They'd probably send it back to you.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

My two experiences with Ruger Repairs and customer service have been great. My turnaround time on repairs wasn't as good but I will say I have been completely pleased with their service.

I was amazed when my broken 10-22 was returned to me on the 8th working day after they received it. Also no return shipping charge or charges for what they replaced. Other companies could learn a lesson from Ruger.
    Cherokee Slim
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

I had feeding issues with a 10-22 that I had bought used. I was using cheap Russian ammo with a heavy lube on it. I was planning on using the rifle (with better quality ammo) in an upcoming competition. I called Ruger C/S and since we couldn't be certain the problem was with the ammo they shipped me three new magazines (2nd day delivery) at no charge! You can't beat service like that.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Very good, but you'd think that they might consider that you may "like" the grip that was on it. I'd contact them and tell them you liked your other grip. They'd probably send it back to you.
    Found out today that my original grips were shipped back seperately. Apparently the nice new grip was a a gift for the trouble. Damn what customer service! I am totally amazed that ANY company would go to this length. Especially in todays economy.

D~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

A happy customer is a repeat customer. A happy customer is your best source of advertisement. It's a shame more companies cannot see that.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Glad they sent your grips back - I was starting to think they shipped you the wrong firearm! LOl

I think I'll email Ruger just to say that I heard about their excellent customer service "word-of-mouth" and thank them. Even though it wasn't mine (this time) - a little encouragement goes a long way.

I can't find an email address anywhere on their website. Only phone numbers and fax numbers. If you find an email address, let me know.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Noticed the same thing. I'll either write a real letter, or submit it on the link "Submit Online Request" on this page:

http://www.ruger.com/footer/contact.html#

Sponsored Links