Best Glock .22 Conversion?

Best Glock .22 Conversion?

This is a discussion on Best Glock .22 Conversion? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, So I've got a Glock 23 .40 S&W and I'm hurting due to the price of ammo. I'm looking for a good .22 ...

Thread: Best Glock .22 Conversion?

Question Best Glock .22 Conversion?

Hey guys,

So I've got a Glock 23 .40 S&W and I'm hurting due to the price of ammo. I'm looking for a good .22 conversion kit so I can get more practice without having to pay out the nose.

I've heard that Advantage Arms makes a good kit, but I still wanted to hear a few outside opinions.

Thanks!
    Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

- Andrew Fletcher 1698

I thought about the same thing (I carry a Glock 23 too). After you look at the price of the conversion kit, I just went ahead and picked up a less expensive (I would say cheaper, but nothing is cheap these days) .22 for plinking. I ended up with a Bersa Firestorm .22. Pretty hard to come by or see anyone with one. Works pretty good, can be ammo sensitive. There are other out there in the same price range.

I have no experience with other makers but a shooting partner bought an advantage arms .22 conversion for his glock. Completely satisfied with function and accuracy.

VIP Member
    An AA conversion sits on top of my G21 at the start of every range session. Accurate and easy to use and maintain. Pricey though. You can buy a nice .22 handgun for the money. I like the same trigger and feel of the platform though.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

AA kit is the best. You "can" buy a sole .22 gun for the cost of one though. If you get the kit, use Remington Golden Bullet Solid Nose High Velocity ammo only. Most everything else will FTE.

All other brand kits are inferior.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I have the AA kit ($250) for my G30 and am satisfied with it. I get 1-2 feeding/extracting faults per 100 rounds, usually toward the latter end when powder and gunk is building up. I had that much problem with a .22 auto I used to have, don't used it for SD--practice only--so don't have any complaints with that.

I use CCI Mini-Mags only so far, and notice some barrel leading after hard use. The downside is the lack of spare mags in general, and a higher capacity mag.

It's nice to have the same trigger feel of the G30 (the real advantage of the kit versus buying another .22 for practice), but the gun is noticeably lighter with the Alum slide.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I have the AA kit ($250) for my G30 and am satisfied with it. I get 1-2 feeding/extracting faults per 100 rounds, usually toward the latter end when powder and gunk is building up. I had that much problem with a .22 auto I used to have, don't used it for SD--practice only--so don't have any complaints with that.

I use CCI Mini-Mags only so far, and notice some barrel leading after hard use. The downside is the lack of spare mags in general, and a higher capacity mag.

It's nice to have the same trigger feel of the G30 (the real advantage of the kit versus buying another .22 for practice), but the gun is noticeably lighter with the Alum slide.
    You get the same trigger feel? I bought an AA for my daughter's G17...totally different trigger with that slide installed. Way mushier...with a lack of positive reset.
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow0 View Post
    Hey guys,

So I've got a Glock 23 .40 S&W and I'm hurting due to the price of ammo. I'm looking for a good .22 conversion kit so I can get more practice without having to pay out the nose.

I've heard that Advantage Arms makes a good kit, but I still wanted to hear a few outside opinions.

Thanks!
    I'm glad youy made this post. I too have a Glock 23 & was looking for the Advantage Arms Conversion.

They are on back order where I've been looking though. Any ideas on where to buy the AA CK?

AA for sure. If you're curious about Ciener, get the number and give them a call. They are the best salesmen for AA that exist in the world today. While Ciener's kit is accurate, it likes to be surgically clean, precisely lubed, and is very specific about ammo. The AA kit is too--Remington Golden Bullets are PERFECT, but that's about it in mine--it isn't as fussy in terms of care. It isn't as accurate either, but you don't have to deal with Ciener or with the knowledge that you've sent them money. I really don't like them...LOL
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

Quote Originally Posted by JPCleary View Post
    You get the same trigger feel? I bought an AA for my daughter's G17...totally different trigger with that slide installed. Way mushier...with a lack of positive reset.
    Mushier? I want to get a kit so I can get better with my Glock's trigger. Is a .22 kit even a viable option for this? Maybe it's different for 17s than it would be for 23s? (Don't know why it would be, but who knows?) It would still be nice to have one, but I just don't want any surprises if I get it.
    Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

- Andrew Fletcher 1698

Sponsored Links