My new disease

This is a discussion on My new disease within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was driving to work today, and started feeling kind of weird. I was thinking about the Glock 36 I bought recently, and how well ...

Thread: My new disease

My new disease

I was driving to work today, and started feeling kind of weird. I was thinking about the Glock 36 I bought recently, and how well it seems to shoot (except for a couple of FTE's which I am working on fixing). But I shoot it better than Glocks I have tried in the past, I was getting 2-3" groups at 7-10 meters. Failure to stop drills were pretty smooth too. Then somehow the thought slipped into my mind that it would be really cool to have Glock 17 with a few of the high cap 33 round magazines. I honestly have no idea where that came from.

In my short life I am already dealing with a severe case of 1911 fever, a moderate case of the Signess, and had to contend with snubbie itch. I think that this is getting a bit excessive, and I need to find some way to remedy these problems.

1911 fever is in full swing for me this year, being the centenial of that great design. I keep thinking a Sig 228 would go really well into my collection. I was hunting for a no-lock 442 while home on leave. And now I think I need a Glock 17? What is wrong with me?

At least I have to wait a few months before I could act on any of these issues, seeing as I am currently in Hawaii. On the plus side, I love living in a country where I can have these kinds of issues. I wonder if government health care will cover any of this, by getting me what I want with only a small co-pay.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Not sure what "small" co-pay would be haha even 20% or so can hurt ya with that wish list... I suffer from much the same so any new info will help..

you should pursue treatment for the 1911 sickness first.

i may be a bit biased though.
    .45ACP 1911 Colt Commander XSE

Go see the Doc at the LGS. He'll fix you right up.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Man, I had the same problem. I was one of the last Marines to qualify with the 1911 before they were all replaced with the m9. For years I hated myself because I wanted to be a 1911 fan. All American, history filled, legendary 45 acp and on and on. I dabbled with the glocks, and then the water really got muddy. I started to like the glocks more and more. Before that it was revolvers, and then back to steel 1911s. But the glocks kept following me home. I nearly bankrupted myself trying to find a 1911 that I felt better protected with than a glock, but I was always disappointed.

Finally I just said to heck with it, sold all the 1911s, and other guns, and settled on my revolvers and Glocks.

We all go thru the insanity man. Its part of the process I guess.

kpw
    You really are allowed to like more than one...honest. It's ok, and they don't get jealous of each other. I even have a green G17 and it gets along with my Kimber just fine.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Waltah View Post
    you should pursue treatment for the 1911 sickness first.

i may be a bit biased though.
    I have had 1911 fever for a while, I have it at a manageable level. I don't see me switching my primary carry platform from it any time soon.

I think what I need is an Il Duce vest from Boondock Saints, so I could have two of my 1911's, two Sigs, and my G-36 and J-frame, all concealed under a trench coat. I could then just see which ones I naturally grabbed in a situation, and not have to make a mental decision.

I am just disturbed with myself for entertaining the notion. But then again, I am hard pressed to find a firearm I wouldn't like to own, given a good price on it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Owning multiple Glocks over 20 years I never really looked at the 1911 as something I wanted to own. I always looked at the polymer pistols and rarely looked at steel. I'd always wanted a PPK however, just liked the shape of the gun. I bought one last spring, mistake. I really liked shooting it. My father has 1911s and I borrowed one of his for "long term" evaluation last fall. I bought my own the week of Christmas and now find myself thinking about getting an officers model. I still want a Gen 4 G19 too. It will have to wait in both cases.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Yeah my friend said he would NEVER own a Glock the same friend who is a Proud G21SF owner with 30 rounders sticking out the bottom and a laser/WML unit, for home defense. But he only bought it because his Kriss Super V takes Glock mags...yeah right. Get ya one and give in to the dark side.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    I can cure the Glock problem, and I can mask the symptoms of the 1911 issue too. The problem is, the signess will take over. Shoot my 228 when you come home. You'll buy one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I can cure the Glock problem, and I can mask the symptoms of the 1911 issue too. The problem is, the signess will take over. Shoot my 228 when you come home. You'll buy one.
    The 228 is high on my list, even though I haven't shot one. I have handled one, and it just seemed awesome. It is about time to add a full size, hi-cap 9mm to the group, and I like the Sigs because they are all steel, and have good triggers. What cure do you have for the Glock problem? That one bothers me the most. The 1911 problem I am content with having, and just needing to keep one of mind on hand
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member
    Those hi cap magazines are neat. Just think what it costs to load them up!!

It's not a sickness, it's a passion. :) Gotta have it over something, why not things that go bang? Cheaper than a mistress, not illegal or nasty like a drug habit, won't wreck your liver, and at the end of the day you have a capital investment.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I love my 23...it has been my consatnt reliable companion for a few many years, but if I had found my 228 first, I would be a Sig man through and through.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links