Using AZ tragedy to gouge for a profit.

This is a discussion on Using AZ tragedy to gouge for a profit. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just read over on another forum where a member says CDNN and One Source Tactical raised their prices DRAMATICALLY on hi-cap mags "before the polticians ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just read over on another forum where a member says CDNN and One Source Tactical raised their prices DRAMATICALLY on hi-cap mags "before the polticians ban them".

I think this is absoutely a disgusting practice, and persoanlly feel we should boycott any and all vendors who participate. Unfortunately I had just placed an order with One Source for a Hawkepaks bag this morning before I realized what was going on. The bag was priced reasonably, but the owners of thses businesses should be ashamed.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thank god this is a free country and just as they are free to adjust their prices as they wish, we are free to shop where we please.

Just like gasoline price gouging on 9-11? Humans prey on themselves. That's what makes me sick.

I bought a 10 pack of 30 round Pmags for my AR from a different website. I hope it doesn't get canceled.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Don't know what the price was before but it's 50 bucks for the 33rd on "One Source Tactical" The CDNN site prices don't look to bad ? Yet. But I'm with ya I'm going to the LGS tomorrow and I hope they haven't done the same.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” -- Thomas Jefferson

I certainly hope that folks don't start putting more demand on the gun/ammo/accessory market again like they did after the 08 election.

Gun owners cost themselves a lot of money for no reason over the past 2 years, don't get caught up in it and cost us more money because of what we think might happen as a result of some whacko.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

The 50 dollar price on the 33 rd mags is one thing he was complaining about specifically.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Senior Moderator
    Its already happening. Today I had 3 people call me up and say something like...I've been thinking of doing this for awhile, so lets do it while we can".

Several calls to various vendors resulted in inventory sold out. Magazines, recievers, AR parts.

Any time the Liberaltards fret about passing new laws that are stupid and serve only to advance gun control, many people see it for what it is and buy what they can while they can.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I'm not gonna buy any of their high priced crap,I have enough to last me the rest of my life,as long as they don't screw with primers and powder
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You're only gouged if you let yourself be gouged. I though everyone stocked up on them in 2008?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Why do people wait to buy these things?

VIP Member
    Following the Christmas season I'm not yet inclined to go crazy on parts I don't really need. This is a sad period in our country and many of us created it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Moderator
    Not sure this is true. Just looked at CDNN, and they are selling the "Asian military" 33 rounders for 12 bucks.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Not sure this is true. Just looked at CDNN, and they are selling the "Asian military" 33 rounders for 12 bucks.

Matt
    aka Korean KCI mags

There are limits in the methods used, for the almighty dollar.... and doing this is one of the lowest forms.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links