Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread. - Page 6

Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread.

This is a discussion on Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by alachner I think that all companies need to innovate. If Glock does not innovate, another solid company like Heckler & Koch, Kahr, ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I think that all companies need to innovate. If Glock does not innovate, another solid company like Heckler & Koch, Kahr, Walther, Beretta, Ruger or Kel-Tec can come up with the next best thing and take a big chunk of those 605,000 handguns that were purchased in the United States. The majority of sales from Glocks are from Law Enforcement, so if they stop innovating the agencies might start looking for some new attractive features from the other manufacturers. A company simply cannot stop innovating or in a few years they will be out of the market. Apple sold in 2010: 16 Million iPhones, 7 Million iPads and 19 Million iPods for a total revenue of $26 Billion. What would happen if Apple decides to stop innovating because they are selling a ton of stuff? They would be toast in 5 years because Google or Microsoft would come up with something new.

I do believe that Glock needs to come up with something unique very soon because Kahr, Ruger, Walther, Beretta, H&K, Sig Sauer, FNH and other firearm companies are quickly offering very attractive handguns to consumers and law enforcement agencies. They are slowly stealing market share from Glock who has not launched anything new in the past 10 years. Think about it, what is so special and unique about the Gen 4 handguns? They have a more ergonomic grip and the backstraps are interchangeable? This has been available in H&K, Walther and many other guns for a while. Nothing new there, just imitation.
    That was my point exactly....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I see your point. Unfortunately people want to hang everything off their weapons and care more about looks than function. personally give me a simple plain jane gen 2 or 3 glock; plain jane gi spec 1911, or BHP, or revolver. I have no need for lasers, weapon lights, rails, adjustable backstraps, 18 stage triggers, full length guide rods, elaborate engravings and grips, or boat anchor/glowing/bigdot sighting systems. I would rather carry the ugliest looking weapon on earth if I knew it was reliable than some pretty race gun that will ftf or fte when i need it most. That is just me. As far as grip angles and size, I am a pretty avrage guy and I never had a problem shooting the hell out of any handgun I picked up regardless of caliber or grip angle/style.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    The new 5 shot Charter Arms Pit Bull snubnose in .40 S&W will be of interest for those who carry concealed:

I really don't like wheel guns, but I may have to get this one. Just because it's .40. Gotta keep all the ammo the same.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I really don't like wheel guns, but I may have to get this one. Just because it's .40. Gotta keep all the ammo the same.
    Get the Smith and Wesson 310 Night Guard then...probably a little better quality.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I see your point. Unfortunately people want to hang everything off their weapons and care more about looks than function. personally give me a simple plain jane gen 2 or 3 glock; plain jane gi spec 1911, or BHP, or revolver. I have no need for lasers, weapon lights, rails, adjustable backstraps, 18 stage triggers, full length guide rods, elaborate engravings and grips, or boat anchor/glowing/bigdot sighting systems. I would rather carry the ugliest looking weapon on earth if I knew it was reliable than some pretty race gun that will ftf or fte when i need it most. That is just me. As far as grip angles and size, I am a pretty avrage guy and I never had a problem shooting the hell out of any handgun I picked up regardless of caliber or grip angle/style.
    I think we agree in principle. I carry a G23 because of it boring reliability and simplicity. I do have night sights because they are a small advantage in certain siutations, and I dont like the OEM plastic sights. I do use a WML, at home. It stays on my night stand, and gets mounted just before bed. Other wise it rides with a Surefire in my weak side pocket. I love my Glocks and dont want to see them fall in to the mediocre "bleh" world of handguns. They have the resources to do a single stack mini gun. They have the resources to start manufacturing AND selling guns in the US, so there can be a micro .380. They could make a PCC. All of this could be done to keep their loyal customers even more loyal, they just refuse. People will get tired and give up and move on to companies who will give them what they want. Just that simple.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    IA company simply cannot stop innovating or in a few years they will be out of the market. Apple sold in 2010: 16 Million iPhones, 7 Million iPads and 19 Million iPods for a total revenue of $26 Billion. What would happen if Apple decides to stop innovating because they are selling a ton of stuff?
    Sony has still not figured out how Apple completely took over the personal music player market from them.

On a related note, Sony discontinued the last model of the Walkman personal music player last month. The Sony Walkman used to be ubiquitous. You used to see people with them everywhere.

Now, everyone has a iPod instead.

Beretta did introduce the new Stainless Steel version of their PX4 Storm pistol at the show.

I must say, this is one handsome pistol:

Here are some better photos of the new Walther PPQ. Lots of comments have been made about how similar its ergonomic grip is to the HK P30. And there has been quite a bit of favorable feedback regarding the excellent quality of its trigger, too.

This may be an interesting new gun for folks to consider.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Any word on Glock? Nothing new except the Glock Generation 4 pistols?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Get the Smith and Wesson 310 Night Guard then...probably a little better quality.
    Not paying $800+ for a BUG. If Charter Arms keeps the same price point as their others it'd be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Sony has still not figured out how Apple completely took over the personal music player market from them.

On a related note, Sony discontinued the last model of the Walkman personal music player last month. The Sony Walkman used to be ubiquitous. You used to see people with them everywhere.

Now, everyone has a iPod instead.

ON EDIT - Sony still makes the walkman, just checked. New versions out.

Even when they had their walkman MP3 players, they had very little in the line of support for them. Car Docks, portable speaker units, ect. Lots of Sony stuff of i-things though. They do however have an indash unit that is plug and play for both the walkman and i-things. Pretty cool actually with the swing out tray to hold the player.

Back on topic.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Didnt know you were wanting a BUG, makes sense for the Charter then.

A BUG that I will rarely if ever carry. Most likely just use for IDPA side matches.

Gonna have to wait for someone to make .40 speed loaders, as I don't think moon clips are going to work for it. That and it's a 5 shot, current moon clips are 6.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Just checked JD's blog.... Guess no pics are coming from he & Lima as they don't have a press pass? He mentioned he has interest in the Kimber Solo.....has hell frozen over? JD?...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Just checked JD's blog.... Guess no pics are coming from he & Lima as they don't have a press pass? He mentioned he has interest in the Kimber Solo.....has hell frozen over? JD?...
    Must be something in the Vegas water.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

That thing is butt ugly....

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Sponsored Links