Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread. - Page 7

Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread.

This is a discussion on Offical Unofficial SHOT show 2011 thread. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I dunno - none of the new small 9mms do anything for me. Maybe the Diamondback DB9 (if it's reliable) - seems like the micro ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I dunno - none of the new small 9mms do anything for me. Maybe the Diamondback DB9 (if it's reliable) - seems like the micro Glock everyone wishes Glock would make, with no external safeties or other extraneous doodads.

When the Boberg XR9s comes out, I'm going to give that a serious look. Glock 26-length barrel in a pistol about the same size as a LCP. Pricey...but less than the Rohrbaugh R9 - and able to handle +P ammo. I'm also impressed that they have taken the time to get it right before introduction - seems like a lot of attention to detail.

If you're not familiar - check it out...www.bobergarms.com
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I dunno - none of the new small 9mms do anything for me.
    I agree completely. Nonetheless, I do like the stainless steel slide version of the Beretta Px4 Storm and the new Walther PPQ. Yet, I was hoping for a single stack 9mm slimline Glock. I am not very fond of Glock pistols, but lately I have been VERY close to joining the dark side and buying a Glock 26 for concealed carry. But I just love German guns and I think I'd rather buy an H&K P2000sk or a Walther PPS. But still, Glock...hmmmm. What is in those dark blocks that make them so awesome! LOL!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I dunno - none of the new small 9mms do anything for me. Maybe the Diamondback DB9 (if it's reliable) - seems like the micro Glock everyone wishes Glock would make, with no external safeties or other extraneous doodads.

When the Boberg XR9s comes out, I'm going to give that a serious look. Glock 26-length barrel in a pistol about the same size as a LCP. Pricey...but less than the Rohrbaugh R9 - and able to handle +P ammo. I'm also impressed that they have taken the time to get it right before introduction - seems like a lot of attention to detail.

That DB looks like a true pocket 9. If it's as small as it looks at it proves reliable I will pick one up. I've been looking for a good replacement for my LCP for sometime.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I am not very fond of Glock pistols, but lately I have been VERY close to joining the dark side and buying a Glock 26 for concealed carry. But I just love German guns and I think I'd rather buy an H&K P2000sk or a Walther PPS. But still, Glock...hmmmm. What is in those dark blocks that make them so awesome! LOL!
    Get the Glock 26...and you will see!

Go ahead...resistance is futile.

Muah-ha-ha-ha-ha!
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

When the Boberg XR9s comes out, I'm going to give that a serious look.

Absolutely! Lots of potential in that little package. If they can nail the reliability and keep the price down from what's been publicized, it could knock quite a few contenders off the shelves.

It's looking like a July 2011 launch is possible, now. The owner is posting in a discussion thread on the Boberg Arms web site about how most of the issues are resolving nicely (with vendors, production, some elements of design) and that the schedule is easier to forecast now that so much is behind them. We'll see.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Just checked JD's blog.... Guess no pics are coming from he & Lima as they don't have a press pass? He mentioned he has interest in the Kimber Solo.....has hell frozen over? JD?...
    Got a link? His blog associated with this site mentions nothing about SHOT show.

Thanks,
    Herk

ETA--found it. http://gunstuff-jd.blogspot.com/feed...rderby=updated
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Got a link? His blog associated with this site mentions nothing about SHOT show.

Thanks,
    Herk

ETA--found it. http://gunstuff-jd.blogspot.com/feed...rderby=updated
    He linked back to it on page 2. http://gunstuff-jd.blogspot.com/
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Thanks for the link. Maybe it's just me, but SHOT coverage in general isn't as good as last year.

As for the Boberg--I was interested when it came out in SHOT show '08. Now I liken it to the flying car of tomorrow from Popular Mechanics episodes of yesteryear. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

The Boberg has indeed been a long time coming, but again, I think most would rather that they get it right than get it fast.

I just don't see anything else out there that is really "new" in handguns, other than the Boberg. Even the Rohrbaugh is just a very well executed, but conventional, design.
    CT Lasers

Senior Moderator
    With a hat tip to Todd over at PistolTraining.com, I'd like to pass along a nominee for the most useless product debuted at SHOT:

Yup - a magazine floor plate with an integral glass breaker. Because using a loaded gun as a hammer is just brilliant.

On the plus side, this might re-define malfunction clearance as we know it. Forget tap, rack, reassess - now we can have tap, scream, drop gun, try to control bleeding.

Fun stuff
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    With a hat tip to Todd over at PistolTraining.com, I'd like to pass along a nominee for the most useless product debuted at SHOT:

Yup - a magazine floor plate with an integral glass breaker. Because using a loaded gun as a hammer is just brilliant.

On the plus side, this might re-define malfunction clearance as we know it. Forget tap, rack, reassess - now we can have tap, scream, drop gun, try to control bleeding.

Fun stuff
    Maybe its meant to be used out of the gun....saves room on the bat belt for an actual breaking tool.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post

Fun stuff

This can be a serious issue, however.

We actually had a police officer fired over a decade ago, over killing a suspect when he used his pistol to break the window of the suspect's vehicle. The officer carried a .45 1911, and it was cocked with the safety off, when he used it to bash in the driver's window. However, the gun also went off, hitting the man point blank in the head, killing him.

It was the second time that this policeman had accidentally shot and killed an unarmed person. The first shooting had been no where as remotely that negligent, though, since the alcoholic homeless man he killed had a realistic looking toy water pistol on him. Still, it caused some negative PR, as the man had not committed any crimes. A person had simply thought the toy water gun was real, and had called 911.

After a lengthy investigation following the second shooting, the officer was eventually let go.

So using your handgun to break open the window of a suspect's vehicle can indeed be a problem for officers. For if you do it with the muzzle of the gun, the muzzle can then end up being pointed right at the person inside the car.

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Any word on Glock? Nothing new except the Glock Generation 4 pistols?
    Glock did show the new Gen 4 Glock 26 at the show. Anyone wanting to get one of the Baby Glocks should probably get one of the new Gen 4 models. I know that some dealers have just recently received the new Gen 4 Glock 26. But there are still quite a few Gen 3 26's in dealer inventories. So check and make sure what generation of gun you are going to get when shopping for one.

Here is a photo from the show of the Gen 4 Glock 26:

This has easily got to be the dumbest gun introduced at the Shot Show.

Sabre Industries new bullpup rifle in .50 BMG:

Why on earth make a .50 BMG Bullpup??

Here is the new Crimson Trace LaserGuard for the new Ruger LC9:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links