This reporter REALLY doesn't like to shoot.

This is a discussion on This reporter REALLY doesn't like to shoot. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpps/...-2011_11396897 I can't call if she's an anti but the Glock 19 is definitely beyond her comfort and skill level....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This reporter REALLY doesn't like to shoot.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

This reporter REALLY doesn't like to shoot.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpps/...-2011_11396897

I can't call if she's an anti but the Glock 19 is definitely beyond her comfort and skill level.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Booo!
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Whisper Boo in her ear and she turns into a Betsy Wetsy doll.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I do like how she brought it back around to the human being, and not the gun, is the one doing the shooting.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I do like how she brought it back around to the human being, and not the gun, is the one doing the shooting.
    +1. She didn't blame the gun. Good for her.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member
    She was pretty cute, I like the fact that she stated it takes a lot of forethought to put a firearm into operation for any activity legal or otherwise. Criminal intentions or legal intentions with a firearm they still don't go off on their own.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Kari Lake what a great news cast you force fed your audiece, How does she know what the shooter is thinking ? And what with all the groaning and moaning after every shot ? Plus two for her she called it a magazine
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

I was going to make a comment on the groaning, but thought better of it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I thought this was darn good as reported and a good concept at that.
    She showed the _reality_ of the gun as opposed to s she stated what folks see in movies, tv and on video games leading people to think that shooting is thoughtless and effortless.

Two years ago I was featured in an exact same type piece by local news toward a major city here as in conjunction with that citys police force.
    I was shown depicted as an experienced shooter and juxtaposed against the reporter 9also female) who was both anti-gun and had never shot a gun before.
    We both shot side by side (she shot first) running a Glock 19 as is departmental issue option for detectives and is carried by the Captains and Chief.

She suffered miserably through the five rounds allotted to us and at the end of her string she was shaking and visibly perspiring. She'd lost control of her mental stability due to fears steeped in ignorance; Exact same as this woman. Her target was 15' away.
    Then on my turn, and I purposely went second/last to not add additional pressure on her as everyone there knew I'm a 'shooter', I loaded...Charged...And rapid fired at their position two which was ~ 21' distant.
    That target to this day hangs in my home office as I put four in the chest forming a roughly 2" square followed by a purposeful fifth shot to where the eye orbit would be. The target was an FBI 'Q' type target labeled "Comm. of Mass Municipal Police Training".

The reporter was utterly terrified.
    And then the acting CRO asked the reporter if she would like to try an AR15, to whihc after some cajoling by her camera man she did try it as did he.
    They both acted like they were holding snakes shooting lightening bolts. I passed on the AR as it just wasn't interesting in the least.

Items such s this being shown are good for us as it really does provide the ignorant with some degree of education.
    And yes she did correctly refer to the magazine as being a 'magazine'!

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    +1. She didn't blame the gun. Good for her.
    ^ +1 the gun can't think for itself... and it isn't like in the movies.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I do think this reporter would be an excellent candidate for the free Front Sight two or four day training Dr. Piazza is offering to all journalists, media reporters as well as to all federal and state legislators.

http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sig...the-politicos/
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I was rather impressed with this reporter, to be honest. She clearly isn't a shooter, but I got no sense of her judging guns, just irresponsible people.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    This was a fair report. And hoo-boy, that 33-rnd magazine does look like a handful.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    The lady is a journalist in the best sense of the word. I thought she did an excellent job and made some really good points. Basically her point was "there is no way the shooter did this with out knowing what he was doing every step of the way, it isn't the gun, it's the shooter". Right on lady! Bravo!

I'd also bet large that if she decided to learn to shoot, she'd be impressive.

Fitch
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"Sigmund Freud

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpps/...-2011_11396897

I can't call if she's an anti but the Glock 19 is definitely beyond her comfort and skill level.

This video shows why any new shooter needs to first master a .22, before moving on to anything else. My impression is that this was probably her first time ever shooting any type of gun.

She does come across as being a weakling, though, in saying that shooting 5 rounds of 9mm left her totally exhausted, and unable to fire any more rounds.

Some folks can also be intimidated by guns too. And I think that this reporter may be such a person.

She is most fortunate that the Tucson shooter did not use a Glock 32. Just imagine her reaction if she had to shoot .357 Sig ammo instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links