Ammoman ; shipping ammo (what's this about ? )

This is a discussion on Ammoman ; shipping ammo (what's this about ? ) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just saw this in an email from Ammoman ....... and it made me wonder what California has done now (if anyone knows). It sounds like ...

Thread: Ammoman ; shipping ammo (what's this about ? )

Just saw this in an email from Ammoman ....... and it made me wonder what California has done now (if anyone knows). It sounds like it may effect other states as well, so what is this all about ?

We will not be shipping ammo to California after the 21st of this month. Any order in by that date will be shipped.

We will be waiting to hear what calibers are able to be shipped prior to shipping any ammo, after January 21.

We hope to have this issue cleared up very soon.

Thanks to all our customers in CA. and yes, we can ship to alternate states, after the 21st. of January
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

CA passed new restrictions on purchasing handgun ammunition. Part of which says you must purchase in person, verify with ID, & the purchase be logged in a database.

In other words, no Internet or mail order ammo.

That also affects ammunition that is used in both handguns & rifles.

Quite frankly, I've not had time to look into this law in depth. Many of us here in CA have been purchasing larger than usual quantities of ammo lately before the deadline.

I predict that companies on the border with CA will be getting a lot of business in the future. Maybe I should open up an ammo dealership in Yuma?

Biker

VIP Member
    good idea biker
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I just don't get some of these gun control laws. Criminals who want to use guns to commit crimes and kill people are going to get them regardless of what laws are passed. As for ammo sales in Cali, the normal street thug who is packing heat isn't going to practice shooting is GAT anyway. So Cali again only restricted the good law abiding citizens of their state from practicing and enjoying the shooting sports. For the life of me, I can't think of a law that is going to stop a motivated criminal from obtaining and using a gun to commit a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I just don't get some of these gun control laws. Criminals who want to use guns to commit crimes and kill people are going to get them regardless of what laws are passed. As for ammo sales in Cali, the normal street thug who is packing heat isn't going to practice shooting is GAT anyway. So Cali again only restricted the good law abiding citizens of their state from practicing and enjoying the shooting sports. For the life of me, I can't think of a law that is going to stop a motivated criminal from obtaining and using a gun to commit a crime.
    Welcome to the land of reason - but, you do know you're preaching to the choir, right? Just try to convince all those elected officials up in Sacramento!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Welcome to the land of reason - but, you do know you're preaching to the choir, right? Just try to convince all those elected officials up in Sacramento!
    You're tellin me man, I got attacked by the Brady bunch on Facebook yesterday because I'm linked to the Glock page on there. Trying to convince them that the Glock 19 that was used to kill those people in AZ wasn't at fault for their deaths and that in fact it was the nut job who shot them. Trying to convince the Brady Bunch that guns themselves don't kill people and that bad people with bad with bad intentions do. I just don't understand why that is such a hard concept for some people to grasp? I made a comment back to them about most law abiding citizens by in large don't go out killing people with their guns. The response I got back was there is no such thing as a law abiding citizen, just someone who hasn't committed a crime yet. My response was so you're could at any time snap and go kill a bunch of people with your Honda Civic.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I predict that companies on the border with CA will be getting a lot of business in the future. Maybe I should open up an ammo dealership in Yuma?

Biker
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    good idea biker

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I'm In Biker, where do you want me to sent the check???

Californians wonder why they are the laughing stock of the rest of the country when it comes to a rational train of thought.

These left coasters see this as good politics??

Just waiting for the next big earthquake, to weaken the faultline enough,,,
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Kinda hard to reason with "true believers" like the Brady Bunch...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links