Ma Deuce

Ma Deuce

This is a discussion on Ma Deuce within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently heard a rumor that Ma Deuce was going to get phased out. Does anyone know what is going to replace the grand old ...

Thread: Ma Deuce

VIP Member

Ma Deuce

I recently heard a rumor that Ma Deuce was going to get phased out. Does anyone know what is going to replace the grand old lady? Or is this just BS?
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

The way things seem to be going I'm guessing it will be replaced with a firm scolding.

Can't remember where but I read somewhere recently that it might be replaced with a lighter 50 cal MG.

News to me.

They keep bringing in new generations of 240's, but I haven't heard anything about Ma going anywhere, or any possible replacements.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    News to me.

They keep bringing in new generations of 240's, but I haven't heard anything about Ma going anywhere, or any possible replacements.
    Well I hope not. I always felt safer when she was around (even though I was a REMF).
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Something about that slow and steady thump she has always made me feel tingly inside when we were in contact. You could always tell when she started talking.

First time I ever got to shoot the M2, I got a belt of 100 Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracers, it was love at the first shot.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Whatever it is, it will probably have a poly grip.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Towards the end of my contract I was at Camp Ramadi Iraq and with the US draw down "hodgie" started hitting our perimeter. It always gave me warm fuzzies inside to hear "Ma" working.

I love the sound of ma deuce at night.....It sounds like some rag heads are getting their virgins; kinda like a bell ringing in "It's a Wonderful Life".

VIP Member
    The latest (Quick Change Barrel) model of the M2 is an actual improvement over the original, and I don't see the Ma Deuce disappearing any time soon. That said, there was development done to field a replacement in the XM312, but that seems to have fizzled and been replaced with the XM806. Both new systems are lighter and easier to maintain and operate, but both have significantly slower rates of fire (200 rpm and 250 rpm respectively) than the 400 rounds per minute of the M2.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    The latest (Quick Change Barrel) model of the M2 is an actual improvement over the original, and I don't see the Ma Deuce disappearing any time soon. That said, there was development done to field a replacement in the XM312, but that seems to have fizzled and been replaced with the XM806. Both new systems are lighter and easier to maintain and operate, but both have significantly slower rates of fire (200 rpm and 250 rpm respectively) than the 400 rounds per minute of the M2.
    Opfor was one of the two new XMs you mentioned on future weapons?

Sponsored Links