Glock fizzled at SHOT. What happened to the HUGE announcement?

This is a discussion on Glock fizzled at SHOT. What happened to the HUGE announcement? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Glock had a press conference a couple weeks before SHOT to get the rumor mill churning when they promised a HUGE announcement for SHOT 2011. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Glock had a press conference a couple weeks before SHOT to get the rumor mill churning when they promised a HUGE announcement for SHOT 2011. I suspect the AZ incident had something to do with their decision to fly under the radar but have any tidbits surfaced as to what might have been? Surely it wasn't that clunky looking beaver-tail.

VIP Member
    Probably a 34 round mag.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I'm thinking a 6 round, single stack, 9mm...we'll see...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I keep hearing rumors that Glock had something planned, but have failed to find any credible evidence.

If they have something new, why all the hush-hush?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm thinking a 6 round, single stack, 9mm...we'll see...
    My Walther PPS does 7+1 so Glock better at least match that. While the Austrians can't make a finer pistol than the Germans they can at least match or exceed round-count.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Glock just came out with the 35, 26, and another model in Gen 4. Also some 25th collectors addition 17 Gen4
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    My Walther PPS does 7+1 so Glock better at least match that.
    I agree and I'll add that I think the PPS has a better trigger than a Glock. BTW I like Glock's too.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    I saw a teaser commercial today about a 25th anniversary model Glock.

Glock is like a lazy, fat cat. Glock fizzled because any huge announcement/ press conference would just solidify the fact that they brought nothing to the table at the largest firearms venue in the world. A venue where hungry and customer caring companies display forward thinking and innovation in design and product introduction for their loyal customers.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Glock is like a lazy, fat cat. Glock fizzled because any huge announcement/ press conference would just solidify the fact that they brought nothing to the table at the largest firearms venue in the world. A venue where hungry and customer caring companies display forward thinking and innovation in design and product introduction for their loyal customers.
    I agree. The problem with Glock is that they are just enjoying the present with all the sales of guns they are currently making and not thinking about the future. Sadly, if they do not innovate they will lose a lot of market share to companies like Kahr, Walther, Ruger, Beretta and Sig Sauer that are launching amazing designs of very reliable pistols loaded with features that customers want. Sure, some will say that as long as their ugly brick goes bang they are happy, but the bottom line is that in the business World the company that sells the most wins and that is what other companies are going after. They have found a niche to attract new customers by offering sexy and ultra lite pistols loaded with very attractive features and with a unique design. They are slowly starting to take away market share from Glock in the civilian market and it is just a matter of time before they also take a huge chunk away from the law enforcement which is their bread and butter. They have already been beaten in the Federal and Military markets by Beretta, H&K and Sig Sauer so I wouldn't be surprised that soon law enforcement agencies start selecting another pistol design.

Also, you have to account for the effects that the aftermath of the Arizona shootings will have on Glock since it was their high capacity magazines and one of their pistols the culprit of the massacre and they are being singled out as the "evil guns". Therefore, if Glock does not respond soon with something unique I believe they will be in trouble shortly.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    A 20 gauge brick called the "Congressman?"

I am so bad.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I think that Glock should launch an ultra lite .380 pocket pistol and a single stack 9mm with a capacity of 7+1 and they would create enough sizzle to counterattack the efforts by Kahr, Kel-Tec, Ruger and Walther.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Honestly the thing I believe glock needs to do is diversify. Yes they have some great semi-auto pistols......they need a rifle, revolver, carbine. Something other then a new wizbang semi-auto pistol.
    Eventually everyone no matter if they are still a great pistol will get tired and go somewhere else that can offer more then just a semi-auto rehash.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Probably a 34 round mag.

That was vaguely funny ,BUT highly inappropriate and grossly offensive to the Die-hard, adoring Glock fans , who seem to permeate this forum on a regular, if not fanatical basis.

(Turning pun switch off now)

*"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end**.**" Author Undetermined
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Oh yeah, and if the 1911's don't come out with something new they are doomed too.

just lime the hi power, 1911, Harley Davidson, lever action rifles, the Glock has made it's place in history and is not going away. I can buy a brand new Glock for 389.00-420.00$ with my LE discount. The others will have to do better than that to take them over. Price is the ultimatebottom line to buying agencys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links