Anybody gonna watch Sons of Guns???

This is a discussion on Anybody gonna watch Sons of Guns??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Seen it and am mixed on the show. I feel these guys know what they are doing but at the same time the way its ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anybody gonna watch Sons of Guns???

Seen it and am mixed on the show. I feel these guys know what they are doing but at the same time the way its edited makes them look like they are somewhat inexperienced and just making it. The daughter being controlling of her father is annoying but it appears shes running the business and keeping things in line so thats actually very good to see in its own way. Not impressed by the weapons yet, but will watch the Flamethrower episode off the the dvr. :)

2. Remove Ads

OK TWO weeks in, done the show sucks to bad it is not about guns and more about the lines of a bad soap ......

Loved the episode with "Woody", way to honor a real hero.

The show has good and bad, but I will support it because that's the kind of shows I want to see.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Watched the one last night about the .50 cal MG build. The guy bumbling with the air impact trying to drive rivets made me nervous, but amazing how the gun was completed with little problems.

What was with shooting tracers into dry brush...calling out the FD and blowing it off as "giving the FD something to do"???

If the daughter can call a few folks and sell $25K in firearms in a couple of days time...why isn't she doing it every day?

The whole show seems a little "hokey" to me.
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post

What was with shooting tracers into dry brush...calling out the FD and blowing it off as "giving the FD something to do"???
    That bothered me a bit too. Since the FD was already there, it seemed like it was staged drama for the benefit of the show.

There is a problem in being able to shoot .50 BMG guns, though. Both of our two local ranges have banned it. One after a neighbor threatened to sue regarding the noise. We do have a range 75 minutes away that does allow 50 BMG, but even it limits its use to specific days and hours.

So they may not have had any local ranges that they could test the gun on, which is why they did it out on public land. Still, using tracer ammo did seem rather short sighted. Again, I think that it may have been staged with the cooperation of the Fire Department just to create some false drama.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    If the daughter can call a few folks and sell $25K in firearms in a couple of days time...why isn't she doing it every day?
    You must have never worked in sales, to say something like that. Virtually every sales job involves having good and bad days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    OK TWO weeks in, done the show sucks to bad it is not about guns and more about the lines of a bad soap ......
    Strange, I've been watching the show, and that is not my impression at all. The focus is indeed about the guns.

Compared to most other reality shows, this series has far less personal "drama" in it. Most reality shows I cannot stand to watch, because of that.

Do you normally never watch any reality programming?

As Joker1 mentioned, the episode about the Marine Corp Medal of honor winner "Woody" was quite an enjoyable treat to watch. There are not that many Medal of Honor winners from WWII left these days.

He single-handedly destroyed 7 Japanese Pill Boxes on Iwo Jima in one day, before finally being wounded himself. He used up a total of 6 flamethrowers to get the the job done. Every time his flamethrower ran out, he then dashed back to get another one, and then proceeded to attack again. And he did that all entirely on his own. No one else was willing to join him, as the enemy rifle and machine gun fire was so intense. In one case, he actually climbed up on top of a Pill Box, and fired his Flamethrower down the air ventilation shaft directly into it, frying all of the Japanese machine gunners inside. And all he had backing him up were 4 Marines firing M1 Garand rifles to give him some covering fire.

And he did this all after an entire platoon of Sherman Tanks had failed to break an opening through these Pill Box defenses, and had all been disabled or forced to retreat. It was a true Superhuman effort, by anyone's standards. And a very neat story to learn about.

Here is a photo from the show's website that was taken of Woody shortly after he received his Medal of Honor:

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Strange, I've been watching the show, and that is not my impression at all. The focus is indeed about the guns.

Compared to most other reality shows, this series has far less personal "drama" in it. Most reality shows I cannot stand to watch, because of that.

Do you normally never watch any reality programming?

As Joker1 mentioned, the episode about the Marine Corp Medal of honor winner "Woody" was quite an enjoyable treat to watch. There are not that many Medal of Honor winners from WWII left these days.

He single-handedly destroyed 7 Japanese Pill Boxes on Iwo Jima in one day, before finally being wounded himself. He used up a total of 6 flamethrowers to get the the job done. Every time his flamethrower ran out, he then dashed back to get another one, and then proceeded to attack again. And he did that all entirely on his own. No one else was willing to join him, as the enemy rifle and machine gun fire was so intense. In one case, he actually climbed up on top of a Pill Box, and fired his Flamethrower down the air ventilation shaft directly into it, frying all of the Japanese machine gunners inside. And all he had backing him up were 4 Marines firing M1 Garand rifles to give him some covering fire.

And he did this all after an entire platoon of Sherman Tanks had failed to break an opening through these Pill Box defenses, and had all been disabled or forced to retreat. It was a true Superhuman effort, by anyone's standards. And a very neat story to learn about.

Here is a photo from the show's website that was taken of Woody shortly after he received his Medal of Honor:

Hey that is great, that is why there are lost of things on TV everyone likes different things, I have not watched any other reaity show and I just do not like this one either. The Cannon in the first show was COOL, and Woody in this show was great, I am very much into that and I am third generation military and the grandson of purple heart winner from WWII the Son of a combat action medal winner in VietNam and I am a veteran of some of our more recent conflicts. The information you gave on woody is outstanding to bad the show did not focus on it (or mention most of it you must have googled this as it was not part of the program) and we got to watch the goth girl go bow fishing. All in all not for me; but I should not have said it sucks, I should have said I do not like it.

Will Hayden is one of my buds. He makes some serious hardware. Let's just say his gunbuilding is better than his acting.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    That bothered me a bit too. Since the FD was already there, it seemed like it was staged drama for the benefit of the show.

There is a problem in being able to shoot .50 BMG guns, though. Both of our two local ranges have banned it. One after a neighbor threatened to sue regarding the noise. We do have a range 75 minutes away that does allow 50 BMG, but even it limits its use to specific days and hours.

So they may not have had any local ranges that they could test the gun on, which is why they did it out on public land. Still, using tracer ammo did seem rather short sighted. Again, I think that it may have been staged with the cooperation of the Fire Department just to create some false drama.

You must have never worked in sales, to say something like that. Virtually every sales job involves having good and bad days.

Lance...only been in sales for 35 + years, 5 of those years were straight commission, believe me I know 1st hand good and bad sales days.

My statement was very much "tongue and cheek"...it just seemed a little staged that they needed to sell $25K by the end of the week so dad could could keep the .50 and she did it in 3 days.
    Proud NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    The information you gave on woody is outstanding to bad the show did not focus on it (or mention most of it you must have googled this as it was not part of the program)
    No, the info is all from the show's website. I did not Google it.

"Sons of Guns"

Hey guys,

Has anyone been watching "Sons of Guns," the new show on Discovery?

Haven't had a chance to watch any episodes yet, and I was just wondering what anyone thinks. Any good?
    Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

- Andrew Fletcher 1698

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yep. Good show.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

ehhh.... typical gun shop.... from what i have seen, WAY over priced on there crap, and stereotypically ignorant

ehhh.... typical gun shop.... from what i have seen, WAY over priced on there crap, and stereotypically ignorant

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links