Glock 27 Gen. 3 vs. Gen. 4 - Page 2

Glock 27 Gen. 3 vs. Gen. 4

This is a discussion on Glock 27 Gen. 3 vs. Gen. 4 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The difference between the Gen 3 and the Gen 4 Glock 27 is only $30.00. Therefore, go ahead and get the Gen 4 so you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 27 Gen. 3 vs. Gen. 4

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    The difference between the Gen 3 and the Gen 4 Glock 27 is only $30.00. Therefore, go ahead and get the Gen 4 so you can have the latest technology and design from Glock. The only complaint I have read over the Gen 4 is that the RTF is a bit rough on the skin (IWB), but that can be easily solved by a good holster or by installing a Hogue Grip on it. Nonetheless, I think that the Glock 27 Gen 4 is perfect as it is and all that whining about the RTF being "too rough on the skin" is crap.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

My Gen3 G27 works just fine so I'll stay with it.

It's not like they designed a new gun they took a gen 3 and changed the grip texture and added a back strap you might or might not need. I heard Some people are going to a gen 3 spring. As for me I will stick with my gen 3 27 cause the texture feels good to me the grip is fine.

While I do not own a 27 gen 4 I do own a 17 gen 4 and I have been looking at the 27 for a bit. It will be my next gun. I love the features on the gen 4s. The texture, in my opinion, is perfect. Its not really rough at all, at least not near to the point of rubbing holes in your shirt or rubbing your skin raw. It is just enough texture to give you a good grip while chambering a shot or for cleaning. another feature is the adjustable grip. The backstraps are very easy to switch out and believe it or not, switching from the standard grip to the medium backstrap actually reduced the pull that I tended to have when firing with the stock grip. The interchangeable mag release is awesome as well for me since I'm a southpaw. The grip itself is different than the gen 3 as well. Like everyone else has said though, it really comes down to what you like and what fits you personally. Just thought I'd throw a thought or two in there. You can't go wrong with a glock. whether its a gen 3 or 4. I know I will be getting the 27 gen 4 before too long.

I say just go with the PX4 and you wont have to worrie about anything

Glock 27 Gen. 3 vs. Gen. 4

Quote Originally Posted by coolfrmn View Post
    Gen 4,
    1. dual recoil spring assembly
    2. reversible extended magazine catch
    3. RTF3 finish
    4. Modular back straps (SF, Normal, Large).

Another note: Apparently the gen 4 is sized slightly different. For me that would be what makes the difference.
    Alot of holsters out there that are made for Glocks will fit multiple Cals & models. For instance. Holsters that fit Glock 17,19,26 will also fit G22,23,27 & G31,32,33.
    I own a Gen 3 Glock 23. If I wanted to use the same holster, I would have to stay with a gen 3 G27.
    If you plan on getting any other Glocks in 9mm, .40S&W, .357Sig & using the same holster, go with Gen 3. IF NOT, or you don't mind getting another holster, then go with the Gen 4.
    What? The gen 4's fit into holsters made for the same gen 3 guns, where in the world did you hear gen 4's would not fit in gen 3 holsters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Glock 27 Gen. 3 vs. Gen. 4

Gen 4 all the way

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I picked my gen 3 27 a while back for 465 and love it. For the money saved I would by it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links