Only One? (With a Twist)

This is a discussion on Only One? (With a Twist) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would go with my trusty Remington 870 Express Magnum, and stock up on all kinds of ammo....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only One? (With a Twist)

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I would go with my trusty Remington 870 Express Magnum, and stock up on all kinds of ammo.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Prolly an AK-101. Though QK's Galil sounds VERY temping. Something very overbuilt, like he said, and will take a beating. I'd want something that was combat tested pretty well, too. Maybe an AR with a 12-guage adapter on the bottom....?

Administrator

Question The 12 Shotgun

I always thought that in a Sheep Hit The Fan situation that I also would grab a 12 Shotty first but, the ammo bulk and weight is the problem. So I've rethunk it for myself. Not saying as if I'm right but, only that I changed my own mind & decided to go with the battle rifle.

I call it "Sheep Hit The Fan" because in an actual catastrophic event...the Sheeple are always the first ones to actually Hit The Fan.

How much 12 gage ammo can you realistically pack with you in a true survival type situation & especially if forced out on foot with no vehicle?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I guess for me it depends on the type of SHTF incident. If I needed to defend life and limb only then my AK with all the mags and extra ammo I could carry. If it was a back to the stone age type, then I would take my Marlin .30-30 or maybe the AK again. Hmm. If allowed a sidearm I would take my Glock 23.

Administrator

Talking Funny

I've seen almost this exact same Hit The Fan thread on other forums and it's even been on here in the past...but, so many new members registered here it's good that it has surfaced again.

THE ONE GUN that I'm sure I've never seen listed was the North American Arms Mini Revolver.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The situation would influence what firearm is being grabbed, no doubt. If it was purely a self defense situation, it would change my firearm choices for sure.

Also, I imagine this type of thread has been around for as long as the internet has had message forums. It's an interesting topic, and it's even more interesting to see member's replies :)
    Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    I

THE ONE GUN that I'm sure I've never seen listed was the North American Arms Mini Revolver.
    Real men like a good challenge. lol
    Beretta 92FS

Rifle

Compact, reliable, still lethal to any reasonable rifle range. As much as I love my FALs (one for each day of the week), this one is going to have to go with me. Compactness matters when you're fanning poop.

Pistol, just hand me my Sig 226 Navy in 9mm. I don't carry it, I use it as a range gun (as my carry 226 requires regular derusting), but for the situation mentioned, I'll take the stainless slide with coated internals etc for the extra reliability.

And in the 'transported back in time' scenario, give me the same. I'll sell most of the waterproof matches - think what they'll net me in period $$$, and hire myself an expedition with the proceeds.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

In the Tros original post he stated if we were to be catapulted back in time. I guess it depends on how far back, as to the types of fire power that was available.
    Going back to the manufacture of the .357/.38 pistol I would certainly want my 8" Colt Python which has taken many of the north American animal species and would do justice to any bad guy.
    If, as some have suggested, a second firearm would be available it would be a 12 ga. 870 which could do all of the above and also put the flying species on our plates.
    The power of the future is in its ability to inspire the present.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links