Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!!

This is a discussion on Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet Because it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'm not messing with it. It's "combat effective" already. If I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Because it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'm not messing with it. It's "combat effective" already. If I wanted a top-of-the-line, match-grade target handgun with that perfect trigger, I wouldn't be using a Glock.
    Amen! As far as my EDC goes I want to be as proficient as possible with the stock configuration, never know when I may have to use a battlefield pick-up GLOCK that is likely stock. The only thing I've considered is the 25 cent trigger job, but I haven't pulled the trigger (please hold your applause) on that yet.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mandalitten View Post
    If you just want a lighter pull, then a new connector is all you need. However, if you want less creep, minimal reset on top of it, check out a triger from Glockworx.
    http://www.glockworx.com/
    They are more expensive, but they drop right in.
    COOL thanks I picked up on this thread too; I love my G-22 but the creep is something I would like to lesson....

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    COOL thanks I picked up on this thread too; I love my G-22 but the creep is something I would like to lesson....
    Holy crap not cheap //// I guess I do not mind the creep that much haha

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Because it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'm not messing with it. It's "combat effective" already. If I wanted a top-of-the-line, match-grade target handgun with that perfect trigger, I wouldn't be using a Glock.
    I totally agree with you.

For work, I want my Glock stock with stock magazine. Sure for compeition, a sweet trigger would be great.. but for day in and day out work.. NO WAY.. I'm staying stock

Timmy I have to ask, are these guns that you carry for self defense? If so, I will only offer my opinion, shared by several highly respected firearms trainers. I do not modify the triggers on my carry guns. i especially will not make the pull lighter. i feel this way because I wouldn't want some lawyer to argue that I shot his poor client, who was just turning his life around from a life of crime to a respectable citizen with a gun that was modified to make it easier to shoot someone with.

just my opinion but, I'm not alone in it. And it's something to think about.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

TN Mike, didnt you have a encounter that the lighter trigger may not have been a good idea? Or did you have the 3.5lb trigger on it at the time? I remember when you had that close call. If its just for shooting matches, then a lighter trigger does seem like a good idea.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

I have tried the 3.5 connector and the 8lb NY trigger. I liked it at first but I have come back to the standard stock Glock connector and trigger. That's just me but I am comfortable with my decision. Just short re-setting the trigger after each shot makes a nice crisp stock trigger.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Leave it stock and learn to shoot it as such. Competition can be good training - I would not recommend one configuration for competition and another for carry. Keep the feel the same.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I prefer the factory Glock 3.5# connector and the standard coil trigger spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links