Defensive Carry banner

Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!!

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  5532JWK 
#1 ·
I'm going to upgrade my G17 & G19 triggers and I want to know what triggers to get.

What triggers and where do I get 'em?

#2 ·
What exactly would you like the new characteristics to be? Easier pull, harder pull, something else?

#9 ·
#10 ·
A 3.5 connecter and an 8 pound spring together give you a really crisp trigger, but keeps it from being too light for those concerned with too light of a trigger on the Glock.

#11 ·
Oh and for the record I don't really speak Glockanese. Please explain this stuff like you are talking to a twelve year old or I won't understand you. :embarassed:

#12 ·
My next purchase for upgrades is ironically what you are looking into.

I plan on getting the 3.5 lbs Ghost Connector Bar and the Glock "NY" trigger spring (No. 1 of two). The connector bar (if I jack this up SOMEONE will correct me...) makes the length of pull before the "break" shorter and with less resistance (trigger pull-weight). The Spring gives the same pull a more consistent feel that also ADDS resistance. The combined effect is a slightly lighter trigger pull-weight with more consistent resistance and a crisper "break" feel.

I've heard that it mimics the feel of a revolver from some and it sorta-kinda-not-really mimics the 1911 trigger from others. For the prices on Brownell's (around $15.00 for the 2 items) you can afford to try it out and remove it if you don't like it.

I also recommend the $0.25 Trigger Job. You can find the instructions for this on YouTube. It's a worthwhile endeavor that vastly improves the trigger's feel and the sharpness of the break.

#13 ·
Because it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'm not messing with it. It's "combat effective" already. If I wanted a top-of-the-line, match-grade target handgun with that perfect trigger, I wouldn't be using a Glock.

#14 ·
Just because it's good doesn't mean it can't be better. Plus my G17 is going to be a competition gun for shooting IPSC matches.

#20 ·
Timmy I have to ask, are these guns that you carry for self defense? If so, I will only offer my opinion, shared by several highly respected firearms trainers. I do not modify the triggers on my carry guns. i especially will not make the pull lighter. i feel this way because I wouldn't want some lawyer to argue that I shot his poor client, who was just turning his life around from a life of crime to a respectable citizen with a gun that was modified to make it easier to shoot someone with.

just my opinion but, I'm not alone in it. And it's something to think about.

#21 ·
TN Mike, didnt you have a encounter that the lighter trigger may not have been a good idea? Or did you have the 3.5lb trigger on it at the time? I remember when you had that close call. If its just for shooting matches, then a lighter trigger does seem like a good idea.

#22 ·
I have tried the 3.5 connector and the 8lb NY trigger. I liked it at first but I have come back to the standard stock Glock connector and trigger. That's just me but I am comfortable with my decision. Just short re-setting the trigger after each shot makes a nice crisp stock trigger.

#23 ·
Leave it stock and learn to shoot it as such. Competition can be good training - I would not recommend one configuration for competition and another for carry. Keep the feel the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.