Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!!

This is a discussion on Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm going to upgrade my G17 & G19 triggers and I want to know what triggers to get. What triggers and where do I get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Glockophiles!! I need your help!!!

VIP Member

I'm going to upgrade my G17 & G19 triggers and I want to know what triggers to get.

What triggers and where do I get 'em?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    What exactly would you like the new characteristics to be? Easier pull, harder pull, something else?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Lighter and shorter.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Ghost trigger. http://www.ghostinc.com/category/35_std_connector/

Ive installed a couple in my daughters Glocks and some of my freinds. They all like them. I polished my connectors and am very happy with the outcome.

Get the 3.5 pound disconnector. I think you can buy from many different websites, Glockmeister, Wolf, and The Glock Doc comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm going to upgrade my G17 & G19 triggers and I want to know what triggers to get.

What triggers and where do I get 'em?
    Get the Glock 3.5 connectors. You can order them from Glockmeister.

After you master those...go to Lone Wolf and get a Ghost Rocket connector for both. You will LOVE them.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Get the trigger that's attached to the Springfield XD (sorry, I couldn't resist).
    Dude, that is so wrong.....everyone knows they are nice triggers, but the problem is they are attached to XD's

If you just want a lighter pull, then a new connector is all you need. However, if you want less creep, minimal reset on top of it, check out a triger from Glockworx.
    http://www.glockworx.com/
    They are more expensive, but they drop right in.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalitten View Post
    If you just want a lighter pull, then a new connector is all you need. However, if you want less creep, minimal reset on top of it, check out a triger from Glockworx.
    http://www.glockworx.com/
    They are more expensive, but they drop right in.

OK let's assume money is no object (it is, but for now lets assume it's not). I want a shorter, lighter, faster trigger with a shorter reset. In short, I want the best possible trigger pull. How do I get there?

With this? http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=882599

Or do I need a connector and a spring too?

A 3.5 connecter and an 8 pound spring together give you a really crisp trigger, but keeps it from being too light for those concerned with too light of a trigger on the Glock.

VIP Member
    Oh and for the record I don't really speak Glockanese. Please explain this stuff like you are talking to a twelve year old or I won't understand you.

My next purchase for upgrades is ironically what you are looking into.

I plan on getting the 3.5 lbs Ghost Connector Bar and the Glock "NY" trigger spring (No. 1 of two). The connector bar (if I jack this up SOMEONE will correct me...) makes the length of pull before the "break" shorter and with less resistance (trigger pull-weight). The Spring gives the same pull a more consistent feel that also ADDS resistance. The combined effect is a slightly lighter trigger pull-weight with more consistent resistance and a crisper "break" feel.

I've heard that it mimics the feel of a revolver from some and it sorta-kinda-not-really mimics the 1911 trigger from others. For the prices on Brownell's (around $15.00 for the 2 items) you can afford to try it out and remove it if you don't like it.

I also recommend the $0.25 Trigger Job. You can find the instructions for this on YouTube. It's a worthwhile endeavor that vastly improves the trigger's feel and the sharpness of the break.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Because it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'm not messing with it. It's "combat effective" already. If I wanted a top-of-the-line, match-grade target handgun with that perfect trigger, I wouldn't be using a Glock.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Because it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, I'm not messing with it. It's "combat effective" already. If I wanted a top-of-the-line, match-grade target handgun with that perfect trigger, I wouldn't be using a Glock.
    Just because it's good doesn't mean it can't be better. Plus my G17 is going to be a competition gun for shooting IPSC matches.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Just because it's good doesn't mean it can't be better. Plus my G17 is going to be a competition gun for shooting IPSC matches.
    And that is a good reason for a trigger job. Otherwise, I like the Glock stock trigger just fine for my EDC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links