NRA Life Membership discount

This is a discussion on NRA Life Membership discount within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Alright, so I did a search and didn't see anything about this. The NRA is doing their annual (or semi-annual) life membership deal for $300 ...

Cool NRA Life Membership discount

Alright, so I did a search and didn't see anything about this.

The NRA is doing their annual (or semi-annual) life membership deal for $300 (normally $1000).

Here is what I know:

Gotta be either a Disabled Vet (although they don't ask for any verification of that)

or

Know someone with a life membership to sponsor you.

There may be other ways to get this deal but I don't know - I am a Disabled Vet and did it that way. I have heard that it has been hit or miss on who you talk to. Some say they just say their 'friend' is a life member and told them about the deal and that is good enough - others say they get people that say they need the life members number in order to give them the promo price.

Anyways, just wanted to pass it on. It's something I believe in strongly and am glad there is an organization out there that helps defend our 2nd Amendment right.

ps - I also have no idea how long this is good for. So get it while the gettin' is hot.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Member.

G17 CC of choice.

Do you have a link to info about the discount?

I would throw $300 at a life membership, but $1000 crosses a barrier my wallet isn't ready for.

Click on the "Junior, Distinguished and Other Memberships" tab. Disabled Vets can get Life Membership for $375. That's how I got mine. The $300 membership that LMmarine86 is referring to may be a special offer, but I don't know anything about it.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I haven't laid eyes on the form, but a FFL that I know recently had one brought in to him and he asked if I wanted in on that deal. I said yes! I haven't received anything from NRA yet but it has only been a week and a half.

I suppose I could've paid $25.00 a quarter fo the next 10 years, but I figure this way will allow me more funds to donate to the NRA over the years.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I wish I had a link. My wife said she read it on another forum that she frequents. I know it works - I did it. Couple of friends did the same - they aren't disable vets though, so they had to have a sponsor.

Yeah, normally for dis. vets its $375. I'm pretty sure that is year-round.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

NRA Member.

G17 CC of choice.

Anyone known if this is promotion is still available?

Get in touch with an NRA Life member. I think they send out the offers to them and then they can get you signed up. I haven't received any yet but I've only been a lifer for a couple of months.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

What exactly do they consider a disabled Vet? I just got out and am going through the VA disability claims process. For the State of California you get cheaper hunting license and state park entrances at 50%, but the NRA website doesn't say anything. Does anyone know by chance?

I'm a Patron Life Member and haven't received any info from them on this. If I do, I'll post.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

I recently got a mailing offering to allow me to buy one "Legacy Life Membership." I think $300 was the number. The membership could be purchased now but "activated" now or later. I do not recall whether or not its recipient even had to be identified at the time of purchase.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Exclamation $300 NRA Life Membership is back!

The NRA has relaunched their $300 Life Membership offer at https://www.nra-2013.org/.

The form at this site requires the Member ID, email address, and ZIP code of an existing Life Member, as well as a Security Code (which is shown on the page to prevent bots from submitting the form).

Joining the NRA has never been more important than right now.

$600 offered to me, guess I will have to figure this out further.

No sponsor needed now! I have just posted this info at NRA $300 Life Membership (regularly $1000) - no sponsor required now!! Please upvote this deal to keep it on their leader boards! Thanks all!

I think it's a good deal, and a nice way to help add to the NRA war chest. It's not much more than I paid 30+ years ago for a Life membership. When my wife heard about it, she immediately said she wanted one -- and that we should sign up our kids as well. So we did. The NRA isn't perfect, but it's the lead organization for gun rights in the mind of the public AND it sponsors a lot of training, safety, and other activities that are valuable. I hope lots of folks will take advantage of this offer and ACTIVELY support the NRA in defending our Second Amendment rights. (And don't forget to take advantage of Ruger's arrangement for sending emails to legislators and the White House!)

Links