Season 2 of Top Shot

This is a discussion on Season 2 of Top Shot within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, if it isn't please feel free to re-locate it. So, last night ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season 2 of Top Shot

Season 2 of Top Shot

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this, if it isn't please feel free to re-locate it.

So, last night was the season premier of Top Shot on History. If you missed it, try to catch it online or On Demand. I missed the entire 1st season but am going to try to find it online or someplace else. AWESOME SHOW!!!!!

WOW, that's all I can say. wow. (Spoiler alert-sort of).

The first competition (not including picking teams) was with my favorite firearm. The good ole 1911. I can say I was surprised at some of the guy's shooting. Many misses. but the pedigree of the contestants is incredible. SO many awards and Marine's. I can't wait for next week.

Who else watched? Anyone know where I can find DVD's of season 1?

2. Remove Ads

Watching it right now. DVR is a great thing. They sure did miss a lot of shots, dang. Really didn't look that hard either, close range, just had to not hit the first ball.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

i Caught the whole first season hulu.com try there.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

DVR was set will watch it tonight...............

I liked it. Although I liked the competitions, I didn't really like the first season because of all the drama. It seems like this season is going to focus more on the actual competition, and less of a real world/road rules attitude. I'm excited to see where it goes, now. Hopefully, it will stay as good as this season opener. ...Or get even better.

Last seasons "elimination gun" was the M9. Looks like this seasons will be the 1911.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

It was ok. As Lotus said, there was a lot of drama last year. I doubt that will change as it draws viewers. They also added $2k Bass Pro Shop cards to challange winners. Thompsons next week.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I caught last year's episodes on hulu, too. The one's I missed before I finally caught an episode and saw that I liked it. The time is an issue with me.
    I wonder if they have any liars this year like last? It was brought out on their forum that last year's Denny didn't even shoot "real" ammo. He was a balloon shooter at a rodeo or something, using the blast to break the balloons as he rode around on a horse, not a projectile. No wonder he kept missing everything, lol.
    Lots of folks to hate already this year. It makes for entertaining TV and if it brings more people to the sport, more power to them.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I loved the first season. It was great to see the variety of weapons in use. As for this year... I love my DVR. I will sit down and watch it this weekend when I get a few minutes.
    Walk softly ...

I've never tried hulu. Just signed up for a free 7 day trial. I searched top shot and all I've found is three clips to this season. Can someone help me find last season? Maybe provide a lonk. Thanks.

I watched last years series and will continue to watch this years series.

Last nights episode confirmed one thing to me that I got from last year. Many people are good shots (in their field of expertise). Some of the top guns in X type of competition are excellent shots, but when you take them out of their arena they end up being possibly "good" shots.

For instance the golfer that hit the bull on the first team picking challenge. The one guy mouthed off that it was a lucky shot and he couldn't do it again. Why was he the only one that got the bullseye? Based on the other shots, it wasn't simply that the gun shot low or high left/right because the other shots were all over the place. I think if I had just been spanked I would keep my comments to myself until I was able to prove otherwise.

I may be wrong, but the golfer may end up being like the young kid from last year. Methodical and constistant which may enable to perform well at many task, not just one discipline like some of the shooters are. I think "Top Shot" will find the best all around like it did last season. We will have to wait and see.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Netflix.com has it listed but not yet available. You can reserve it. Netflix also has 'lock-n-load" available for instant play, ROKU download or on DVD.

I couldn't agree more farronwolf! As soon as that guy mouthed off about the golf instructor not be able to do it again, I wanted him out in the first challenge. Fine line between being confident in your skills and being arrogant. Well, for most people, not him. And I think golfer dude picked him for his team even...
    I might not know a lot, but if I was going on a shooting show after being able to see what might be expected of me (season 1), I would be reading up on ballistic charts and how much wind it takes to move a bullet. Unless you have nothing left to learn ;^)

I sort of want the woman who got picked last to win the whole thing, that would be poetic justice. They are all amazing. I would LOVE to spend some time with them learning some skills. I just downloaded season 1 to my iPhone. $14.99 is not to much to pay in my opinion. Besides, I just quit smoking so this is my 4 1/2 day no smoking reward, I have saved $23.25 according to my quit smoking app. So I am still ahead at $14.99.

Watched it today. Whacking the billiard balls with the 1911 looked like a lot of fun. Makes me wish i had a pool table i was'nt using.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links