Taurus PT 92 10-round Magazine Disassembly

This is a discussion on Taurus PT 92 10-round Magazine Disassembly within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, I know that it has been posted before, but no one ever answered the question and the thread got closed. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t=76170&page=1 So, how do ...

Thread: Taurus PT 92 10-round Magazine Disassembly

Taurus PT 92 10-round Magazine Disassembly

OK, I know that it has been posted before, but no one ever answered the question and the thread got closed.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t=76170&page=1

So, how do you do it? I see two small machine screws on the end of the mag, but even removing them, the plastic cap does not come off... Is it glued in there or is there some other trick? I want to look inside there to see what the difference is between the 10-round mags and the 17-round ones... AND if there is not too much of a difference, I'll probably try to convert my 3 mags to handle a few more rounds...

2. Remove Ads

My advice is to avoid trying to add rounds to ban magazines. They were probably designed to not allow that. I don't have one handy to look at bit some magazines weren't made to disassemble in ten round versions. Save them for range practice and get some post ban mags for serious use. On range days let the ban magazines drop in the dirt and save the normal capacity ones.

Magazines are not that expensive considering how important they are, and I hate ten round ban magazines in all forms.

And welcome to DC.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I have disassembled the mags for my Beretta 96FS. They have the button that you press on the bottom to remove the plastic piece. The 10-round Taurus do not have this, they have a machine screw on each side, but even after removal, the bottoms do not pop off. It's more of a principle of the matter now... How dare they tell me that I can't modify it !!!

I finally figured it out... When in doubt, beat on it... A lot... Turns out that the butt plate slides in there VERY tightly... Here's what it looks like:

Doesn't exactly look like something that could easily be changed to hold more rounds... Bummer... I was hoping for some sort of plug that I could grind off... If I grind anything off the the baseplate / plug, it won't attach to the rest of it anymore...

Links