Defensive Carry banner

GLOCK VS SPRINGFIELD XD ONE COST MORE BUT PERFORM THE SAME SO WHAT WOULD YOU BUY ?

• GLOCK

Votes: 52 35.6%
  • SPRINGFIELD XD

Votes: 94 64.4%

Glock vs Springfield XD

9K views 60 replies 49 participants last post by  AZG23 
#1 ·
Hey everyone me and my friends own both of these great guns. Glocks however cost more then the XD's but don't out perform them. I'm realy interested in your comments and feedback on this topic, so feel free to drop a line or two.

#11 ·
I carry a glock 31 on duty and a g32 off duty. I really love glock pistols and own a few of them. That being said, about 4 months ago I picked up a xd tactical in 45acp, and man, it's been love at first shot ever since. When we have re-quals next month I plan on qualifying with both the glock 31 and the xd 45 (don't have a duty holster for the xd yet). Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my glocks and will never get rid of any of them. I guess the best advice I could give would be to head to a range and shoot both models that you're interested in. Buy which ever one fits you best. Either way you'll be well served.:hand10:

#16 ·
Gaston Glock is a mechanical genius with no sense of or appreciation for ergonomics (or he has crooked wrists). I have a great deal of respect for how well Glocks function, but like many others I can't get used to that grip. XD's function just as well, come apart easier, and they aim where I point them without the need to cant my wrist down 5 degrees. Once Glock redesigns their grip, I'll look at them again. Until then, Springfield will get my business.

#19 ·
I have 2 glocks and an XD

my G26 cost me a little more than the XD 9sc
the XD started showing rust on the slide 4 weeks after I got it (and yes I cleaned it properly after shooting and wiped down with oily rag too) I know they are "supposed" to be putting the new finish on all XDs but that doesn't help me now
I like the grip safety on the XD but with proper weapon handling and a proper holster its not an issue when carrying a glock
Both shoot really well. I had shot an HK 45 for 8 years before I got my first glock (30) in June. I didnt' have a problem adjusting to grip or sight alignment, I can go back and forth between the 2 with no problem.
The XD was for the wife and after shooting it for a month and trying my glock 30 she decided she didn't want the xd anymore, grip was too small for her hands and didn't feel right so its about to be sold since I don't need it. The glock 26 I just got is for her now.
Other things: spare parts and holsters are more readily available for glock, mags for glock cost less and they're factory
All things considered I take Glock over XD (but I'd like to get a .45 just to add to my collection someday :image035: )

#21 ·
I dont own either but I've shot an xd-40 subcompact and a glock 22. Both are comparable to one another for accuracy and reliability but I leaned a bit toward the xd for better ergonomics. If it came down to it I would be totally comfortable carrying either of these.

#23 ·
I have shot both and prefer the XD grip angle.
As far as the rust issue, all metal can rust under the right circumstances, or wrong, depending on how you look at it. My Xd45acp has no rust nor has ever had any.

As far problems with the XD, did Glock ever have any problems when they first started up? Did Glock every change their designs to improve on the platform? Answer honestly now.

XD is just the new kid on the block. Glock was once the new kid on the block, and when they were, there were many many nay sayers regarding the Glock platform just as there are now nay sayers about the XD platform. Also, just like the Glock platform has had many articles written in a positive light about it, The XD has had many articles written in a positive manner about it in it's few years of existence.

Both platforms are good. Both go bang. The real question you need to ask yourself is, which one feels better for YOU to shoot? Which one can YOU shoot better with?

#25 ·
3 Glocks 23 19 17 & One XD40 with 4 12 round clips Love the grip
safety & great grip "{a lot like a 45 } But love my glocks Know they
will never fail me when god for bid I get stuck no matter how I try to
stay clear of a bad place at a bad time! Glock would win because of all the trigger time at the range "but so far no prob with My XD40 4"
Thanks for everyones great post on this site!! this is my first post
Take care & stay safe!!

#26 ·
While Glocks are good weapons from all reports. I HATED :rant: :rant: :hand1: MY Glock with a passion. I couldn't hit anything with it and it just wasn't enjoyable.

While there have been rust problems Springfield was pretty good about taking care of the problem when I sent the slide in. For my $500 give me a Springfield.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.