Defensive Carry banner

Help! Remington Rebate?? What is this?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mandalitten 
#1 ·
My father just received a 'rebate' from Remington Firearms for $32. The letter thanked him for his recent purchase. Also enclosed was a list of Remington specials.
My father has not bought a Remington his whole life. He bought a Glock 5 years ago and a Ruger .22 about 7 years ago. Thats it.
I thought it might be an advertisement to entice you to get a Remington but it really appears that this is a real rebate.

My first thought was to check his identity because somebody might have used his SS to buy a Remington. (also needing to use his name and address to make everything seem real, hence the rebate being sent to him at home. )
Can you call the ATF or somebody and check what firearms are registered to your name/SS?

Thanks for the help if anybody has heard of anything like this.

-Ian

#3 ·
I bought a remington 870 shotgun before Christmas and there was a rebate available. It was on some guns and I believe some ammunition.
A social security number was not needed for the rebate, only name address, receipt and I think a signature stating that it was legal for you to own the item you bought.
Or maybe he bought you a gift?

Link to 2010 rebate info
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1032341/

If it helps.

Also, my father-in-law has in the past "shared the love" with some rebates. If he bought enough and could not use them all, he would submit a rebate for me and his daughter or his sons. We got to keep the check.

#6 ·
It was a rebate, not a check, right? Don't we all get these all the time, but you won't get any money until you make a purchase. The Thanks for the recent purchase doesn't mean anything.
I got a $50 rebate on a 700 I bought. I filled out the rebate form, and the serial number on the gun and maybe a couple of more things, and a few weeks later I got the check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.