3 new to me CZ's.

This is a discussion on 3 new to me CZ's. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Picked them up at an estate sale. Got these and 8 other firearms for a song. Cleaned, inspected, lubed and test-fired these 3. Two CZ-50's ...

Thread: 3 new to me CZ's.

3 new to me CZ's.

Picked them up at an estate sale. Got these and 8 other firearms for a song. Cleaned, inspected, lubed and test-fired these 3. Two CZ-50's and a 70. All ran pretty good. The VZOR 70 had a mag feed issue but got that worked out with some more thorough cleaning.

One is going to my daughter for self-defense. One may go to my son. The other????? I think I'll keep.

I know the caliber is a little weak for SD but for virtually no expense. I am passing them on to my kids who don't have anything to carry at this time and it's all I can afford right now.

Anyone have any experience with these firearms? Know of any IWB or OWB holsters made specifically for them? Any practical advice on maintenance/safety?

One of the other handguns in the sale was a Polish TT-33. Waiting on the UPS truck as I type this to give that a shot also. REALLY want to shoot it. The action and trigger seem to operate like butta.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

What do ya think?

IMG_3728rc.jpgIMG_3729rc.jpgIMG_3728rc.jpgIMG_3729rc.jpg
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

2. Remove Ads

GM
    Looks good! Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

So you bought like 11 evil guns at once, oh my! He's amassing an arsenal!

j/k

Looks like you did pretty good. Forgive my CZ noobness but what calibers are they?

Kudos to you for helping to protect your kids!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    So you bought like 11 evil guns at once, oh my! He's amassing an arsenal!

j/k

Looks like you did pretty good. Forgive my CZ noobness but what calibers are they?

Kudos to you for helping to protect your kids!
    NP Joker. They are 7.65mm or .32 Caliber. Rather weak but shooting them is like shooting a .22 almost. Very easy to keep on target for follow-up shots. I told them that they are for pointing and emptying the magazine into the threat. I'd much rather give my daughter one of these than a pocket gun that is much more difficult to shoot well.
    Ruger MkII, Kel Tek P3AT, Hi Point JH45, SA XDm9, SA XD9sc, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded, SA 1911 MilSpec Loaded Micro
    Life is fragile and is what we make it. Keep dear to your heart that of your loved ones and fellow man and by God don't try to take it from me or my loved one's.

Agreed, I have a Colt 1903 in .32 acp and it is a blast to shoot and definately better than nothing in a fight.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If they run as well as my CZ-82, you got a great set of pistols. CZs are highly under-rated.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Good find.

What were these other 8 firearms you got?

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If they run as well as my CZ-82, you got a great set of pistols. CZs are highly under-rated.
    I wasn't sure if they even functioned worth a darn so I only picked up one box of ammo. So far, so good. Getting more ammo this weekend and giving them a real run.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelin03 View Post
    What were these other 8 firearms you got?
    Let's see. There is a
    1873 Colt SAA
    Taurus pump .22
    Marlin .22Model 99C rifle with scope
    Rossi in-line black powder rifle w/scope
    7.62x25 Polish TT-33
    Mosin-Nagant M91/59
    Rohm .38 revolver
    Chinese pellet air rifle

a

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Good find.
    Yeah I think so. They are all in good shape, still cosmoline crudding up the Nagant. A bit of corrosion in the primer seat of the in-line. The SAA was refurbished and buffed to a fault.

Congrats!

Links