Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires - Page 3

Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires

This is a discussion on Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IF it was anything like my 709 it takes about 3 hours to clean it if it is new. All the white stuff has to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires

IF it was anything like my 709 it takes about 3 hours to clean it if it is new. All the white stuff has to go. Was reading on the taurus forum today a couple of different guys sent different models back for an issue and received them back in 7 or 8 days counting the day they waited for fed-x to pickup. Hopefully you will not need to send it in.
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    What a surprise that someone is not comfortable with Taurus CS . I hope next time you contact them you have more luck.
    Maybe I put that wrong, lol Im not saying it was "bad" customer service, heck maybe she was new, I am very happy that a live person answered the phone, and even more happy, it was an American that answered, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Hopefully the OP will get it figured out and end up with a gun that runs well.
    Thanks, I hope so also
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Well, I have had lots of issues with pistols over the years, and most were solved with a simple "fluff and buff", similar to this: 1911 Fluff and Buff
    I skimmed the link, looks like some great info, thanks for the link, its bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by jbr View Post
    Was reading on the taurus forum today a couple of different guys sent different models back for an issue and received them back in 7 or 8 days counting the day they waited for fed-x to pickup. Hopefully you will not need to send it in.
    thats good news IF I have to send it in.

I shipped a revolver to Taurus in Nov of 2010, gun left here on Friday Fedex and was delivered back to me the following Friday. However, the original problem was fixed and a new problem had developed....on a REVOLVER. Go figure.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post

I skimmed the link, looks like some great info, thanks for the link, its bookmarked......

Yeah man, I really think a F&B would probably fix your issues. When purchasing a new pistol (I'm talking semi-auto pistol, NOT a revolver), I ALWAYS expect some problems, especially during the so-called "break-in" period. However, if you think about it, the "break-in" is basically the same thing as doing the 'fluff & buff'.

Even still, new pistols often have issues. For instance, my most recent purchase was a new Ruger Mark III .22 pistol. I cleaned it and put a few hundred rounds through it, but it would still FTE every 20 rounds or so. The problem was completely cured when I replaced the Ruger extractor with a new Volquartsen extractor. Not one jam since installing the new extractor. To me, that was a whole lot easier than sending the gun back to Ruger.

Good luck -
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links