Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires

This is a discussion on Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; hey all, I just got a PT 24/7 took it out for the first time today, and every other round would either jam or not ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tarus PT 24/7 jams/misfires

hey all,
    I just got a PT 24/7 took it out for the first time today, and every other round would either jam or not eject properly, I was firing Remington 9mm luger 115 gr. rounds, any thoughts or ideas what would cause so many misfires/jams ??

On the way home, I stopped at pro bass shop (where I bought it) he told me to try another brand of ammo, and a higher grain.

whats your thoughts ?
    any help would be appricated

RKM
    Trying a different type of ammo would be the first and cheap thing to try. Or, the problem could be the first word in your thread title, Sorry :-/

Some people have luck with Taurus. Other's, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Other's, not so much.
    This has been my experience with them also. Twice for me, but it won't happen again.

Good luck with getting your gun running, believe me, I know how you feel.

1st - try a different type of ammo
    2nd - Send it back to Taurus. Turn around time is usually 4-6 (possibly 8) weeks
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Sorry to hear you got the horns.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

What caliber 24/7 is it? Is it a new gun or a used one?

Did you break it down and clean it good before you took it to the range? Did you lube it properly? Have you looked at the extractor to see if there is anything amiss with it? Were you limp wristing the gun?

Like others have said, you might try a different type of ammo. I pretty much use 124 gr, but have had no problems with 115 either.

I have has zero issues out of my 24/7 Pro DS in 9mm through thousands and thousands of rounds, same goes for my PT111.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

thankx for all the fast replies... I will try some different/higher grain ammo next week, if no luck, geuss ill take it back and let them see if they can fix it, lol

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

Did you break it down and clean it good before you took it to the range? Did you lube it properly? Have you looked at the extractor to see if there is anything amiss with it? Were you limp wristing the gun?

Like others have said, you might try a different type of ammo. I pretty much use 124 gr, but have had no problems with 115 either.

I have has zero issues out of my 24/7 Pro DS in 9mm through thousands and thousands of rounds, same goes for my PT111.
    It is brand new, bought about 2 weeks ago at pro bass, was lubed so we will see.... the guys at pro bass said they have gunsmiths on sight (not on weekends) to try another brand of ammo, thats going to be the very forst thing they (the gunsmith asks) and if its still not right, to bring it in, they will take care of it, that it has a 10 yr warranty.

thankx for the (fast) replies

EDIT: forgot to ad, its a 9mm

If they (Bass Pro) tries to fix it, you will void the warranty completely with Taurus. Call Taurus before letting them do anything. I would try the 124gr ammo also. I had one that i got cheap. Took to the range. Was lucky to sell it soon after. Did not jam though. Slide would go forward when inserting the mag every time. Did not like that.
    Bear
    Glock 23
    S&W 6906
    Kimber Pro Carry SLE
    S&W M&P 9MM

VIP Member
    115 grain ammo in 9mm is known to have issues with some guns. I agree with trying another brand and weight of ammo before going any further. If you have to send it back to Taurus, they may take a while, but they will get it fixed.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

Same as farronwolf I have the same two 24/7 pro, and PT111 pro both 9mm. No issues and many rounds down range.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Again, thank you all for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgarreth View Post
    If they (Bass Pro) tries to fix it, you will void the warranty completely with Taurus. Call Taurus before letting them do anything. I would try the 124gr ammo also. I had one that i got cheap. Took to the range. Was lucky to sell it soon after. Did not jam though. Slide would go forward when inserting the mag every time. Did not like that.
    Did not know that, I appreciate the heads up and will call Taurus before doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    115 grain ammo in 9mm is known to have issues with some guns. I agree with trying another brand and weight of ammo before going any further. If you have to send it back to Taurus, they may take a while, but they will get it fixed.
    Do you reccommend any brand of ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    Same as farronwolf I have the same two 24/7 pro, and PT111 pro both 9mm. No issues and many rounds down range.
    What brand of ammo are you using ? and Im glad to hear you`re not having any issues.

Magazines could be faulty.

Are you certain that you're not limp-wristing?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Magazines could be faulty.

Are you certain that you're not limp-wristing?
    never really thought about the magazine, sure Im not limp-wristing, holding firm.

Has anyone other than yourself shot the gun? Did they have the same problems.

Oh and reading through my first post, just call me an idiot for asking the caliber. duh.

I have not had any issues with any of the ammo I have shot through mine. The one exception being some reloads that were on the light side. Every once in a while I would have a ejection issue because they didn't have enough powder. Made for good clearing drills, the next batch got .2 grains more powder and fixed that. That is my fault, not the guns.

Give the gun a very good cleaning, try some 124 gr ammo, and get a good tight high grip and lets us know what happens, or what Taurus says.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links