I think i need a second gun safe...

This is a discussion on I think i need a second gun safe... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a large-ish 28 gun safe already. it isn't full yet but, it weighs 500 pounds. All of the bedrooms in our house except ...

Thread: I think i need a second gun safe...

I think i need a second gun safe...

I have a large-ish 28 gun safe already. it isn't full yet but, it weighs 500 pounds. All of the bedrooms in our house except one are on the second floor, including the Master Bedroom. The gun safe is on the first floor. Now, we do not own the house so before you say I should get it moved to the second floor, I have thought about that but we are not going to buy this house and I will have to have it moved back down and onto a truck when the time comes to move.

I hate the idea that the safe is on the first floor and we are on the second at night. We each (wife and I) have our handguns with us at night and I have the HD rifle, an AR and she has the HD shotgun with us as well. But, every night we have to get them out and take them up with us, and every morning they come back down stairs and go into the safe. It's kind of a pain.

So I am thinking a small safe like the kind I have seen at Costco and Lowes before. I think they hold no more than 10 guns or so. Something like this:

Shop Sentry Safes - Sentry G1055E Gun Safe with Electronic Lock - 10-Gun #GSG1055E

Anyone else have this same problem?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

That should work well for your purpose.

My house is all on one level, but I need another safe as our 26 gun safe has 51 guns in it and is over flowing, just can carefully close the door. But, my wife will never bite for another safe to be put in the house......she thinks they are an eyesore.

Distinguished Member
    I know I need a second gun safe.

Actually I like the His and Hers model.

I don't have a second safe, because I don't have enough guns. I did, however, purchase that exact sentry safe model for the few that I do own. It is bolted to the floor, and the combination lock works perfectly. There are back-up keys as well. I did invest in some nice lithium batteries for the electric combination. Also, I stuck (velcro'd) some round LED touch lamps in the top and under the shelf. Edit: I mean't to tell you I recommend it.

Also, you can get that safe at Academy Outdoors for $350ish.

Another Edit: I was wrong, I have the 14 gun model. ....And it is still cheaper here. http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...340-03031-1455

Look what I just found. This is just about perfect for our situation. I may have to make a trip to Dick's this weekend and see if they have any of these.

Stack-on 8 Gun Safe - Dick's Sporting Goods
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

That safe will keep the kids out but not much else, my buddy had one and lost the keys we laid it down and ripped the door off with a crowbar in about 5 minutes.

VIP Member
    Mike. You could pay a few guys from a moving company to move it up and down again when You leave.

Hmm....good point ccman.

I looked at one of the safes that I had found on the Dick's website. I wouldn't really call it a safe. I'd call it a slightly sturdier metal gun cabinet. So I doubt I will get one of them. Maybe moving the 500 pound safe up to the second floor is the way to go. There shouldn't be a problem with the floor supporting it. I wouldn't think so anyway.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Depending on the width of your stairs, halls and any corners that you have to navigate; an appliance dolly from u-haul would make that safe move an easy chore.

You'd still need a buddy, but I bet it's not that bad... pianos are worse
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

If you decide to move the safe upstairs, be careful, as a safe on a moving dolly can and will ruin some wood floors. When we put our safe in, we could not use a regular moving dolly for that reason. We had to get a flat dolly on large rubber casters to prevent damage to hardwood floors.

Anyway, just be careful with landlord's floors.

Links