Buds Gunshop.....S&W 9SVE for cheap

This is a discussion on Buds Gunshop.....S&W 9SVE for cheap within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My wife and I are thinking of stocking up on these. Buying 5 or 6 of them over the course of the next 6 months ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buds Gunshop.....S&W 9SVE for cheap

My wife and I are thinking of stocking up on these. Buying 5 or 6 of them over the course of the next 6 months or so. We want to get each of our kids a handgun of their own that they can then take ownership of when they are old enough. In the mean time they can shoot them and really learn to take care of them. Know them inside and out.

Budd's has the S&W 9SVE for just $289 each. They also have the .40 cal version, the S&W 40SVE for the same price.

I have talked to some folks that own these and they seem to like them. i shot one years ago and it seemed like a pretty good gun. Very similar to the Glock but with what I thought was a better feeling grip in my hand.

Any opinions on this?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Other than a crummy trigger I think they are good guns. At that price they are a great value.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Just sold mine to get something more compact. Loved the way it fit my hand, the price sure is right and never a hiccup but yeah that trigger took some getting used to.

Good, reliable gun. Famously bad trigger.

I got one new for $99 as a package special when I bought my M&P15.

For $289, I'd maybe look at picking up some used Glocks, but you wouldn't do badly with the Sigmas.

Joe

After some polishing on the trigger and about 300 rounds I can now say I like my wifes 9SVE.

I liked mine, but it had a crummy trigger. I didn't really know what a bad trigger was until I got that gun. It was a decent gun and went bang everytime, but the trigger did take getting used to. I sold it to help fund something else but I could recommend it for someone who isn't going to be carrying it all the time and wanted something to help them sleep better at night.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The trigger is all the above posters say it is, but like any other gun it just takes some getting used to. My Sigma 9 is my office protection gun ... it stays in the office, loaded and with a round in the chamber, just in case it's needed, and I'm very comfortable with using a gun that I paid $290 for at the local shop for just that purpose. I take it to the range every other month or so, shoot a bunch of crap and one or two magazines of good stuff through it, clean it, reload it, toss it in the desk drawer, and go back to feeling comfortable having it around.

Mine is closing in on 2000 rounds with not one single hiccup, no FTE, FTL, FTF .... nada. Every single time I've pulled the trigger the gun has done what it's supposed to do. For the price, I think it's one of the best values on the market.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Mike, S&W Sigma series guns are the bottom of the barrel. Sigmas are not reliable, not that accurate, have horrible triggers, and the resale is terrible. The SD series isn't much better.

Were I going to buy a new S&W autoloader, it'd be an M&P; they are quality items; also, the price went down at the beginning of the year and you should be able to find a 9mil for less than $500.

If you want a Sigma just to have a gun, I understand, but if you want a piece of reasonable standard, look elsewhere.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i loved my sigma, i just found something better and invest my money there, but for your purposes i think they would be ideal
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    I bought mine from a guy at work for $180, with hogue slip on, (which I'm not crazy about) and three add'l mags for a total of 5.

Haven't shot it yet but he says it eats anyting and has never hiccupped
    Thats less than I paid for my K-Tec P11 and its GOT to have a better trigger than that!!!

Already had an M&P9c but at that price.
    Attached Images
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Went to Bradis today and they have them for $319. Just $30 more than Buds and they are right there in person. Plus, after I pay shipping and FFL transfer fee, I'm at $320 for the Bud's gun. So I will probably start picking them up at Bradis unless I find them even cheaper someplace else.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I thought Buds prices were with shipping? But for what you will be using it for to teach responsible gun ownership and overall "shooter" guns to have fun family range time, you probably couldnt pick a better one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Mike, S&W Sigma series guns are the bottom of the barrel. Sigmas are not reliable, not that accurate, have horrible triggers, and the resale is terrible. The SD series isn't much better.
    I've had a 9mm and.40 Sigma for over 2 years, Mine are dirt reliable. The triggers are rough and hard, but easy to fix.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

sgb
    The current generation are a very under rated & reliable sidearm. However for not much more the new SD improvement of the sigma has a 100% better trigger design and would be my absolute choice. Apex Tactical is impressed enough with the new SD that they are working on improved aftermarket trigger control parts allowing owners to improve and upgrade their pistols, not an option with the horrible Sigma trigger design.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I have a sigma .40 and have never had any problems with it. I read a few reviews before I bought mine and it seemed like everyone who actually owns one likes it, and the people that don't like it have never owned one or just can't get over the trigger. The trigger does suck, but you get used to it after a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links