Advice - FTF's - Beretta Storm

This is a discussion on Advice - FTF's - Beretta Storm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HI Everybody! I have a Beretta Storm subcompact 9mm that operated flawlessly until my frustrated range visit this morning. I had consistent FTF's and stove-pipes ...

Thread: Advice - FTF's - Beretta Storm

HI Everybody!

I have a Beretta Storm subcompact 9mm that operated flawlessly until my frustrated range visit this morning. I had consistent FTF's and stove-pipes that were random (not every 2 or 3 shots, for example.) I'd load the magazine, pull the slide back (allowing it to snap back into battery without assistance), and my very first shot with each magazine was a resounding no-fire CLICK.

Second and subsequent shots (until interrupted by FTF's/stove pipes) were in the double-action mode. The slide failed to lock back when the magazine was empty as well, and I'm sure that this was NOT due to limp-wristing.

I gave up on my Beretta and turned my attention on my Hi-Standard .22.

The handgun is cleaned after each range session, 2 years old, and has had around 500 - 800 rounds through it.

I'm hoping that it was the ammo (PMC Bronze 115 grain ball), or maybe the firing pin??

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    it fired at times? i believe this one is the ammo, sounds like hard primers and bad loads, try some federal and see if that helps with the problems
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Try some quality ammo, I was having some FTFire in a XD9 a couple months ago,I thought it was overly hard primers,but they fired just fine in my Sig so I disassembled the slide and removed the firing pin,then cleaned out the firing pin channel and reassembled it,I haven't had any problems since,my XD9 was about 7 years old
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    My guess and its only a guess is that it is bad ammo or just needs a good stripping and cleaning. The failure to lock back could be a bad magazine or just needs cleaning as well. Have you stripped the magazine and cleaned it? Sometimes gunk gets in them and we forget to clean it out.

Thanks for the advice!!!

Black Knight Thanks for the idea of cleaning the mags!!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Sponsored Links