Family trip to the gun shop. We had fun!

This is a discussion on Family trip to the gun shop. We had fun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, some of you may have read my thread about how my wife and I were thinking about getting all 5 of the kids their ...

Thread: Family trip to the gun shop. We had fun!

So, some of you may have read my thread about how my wife and I were thinking about getting all 5 of the kids their own S&W 9VE pistols. The thread can be found HERE

Today we decided to head over to one of our favorite gun shops, BRADIS on 67 in Camby Indiana. We wanted the kids to hold one and see how it fit their hands. At least the older three, the twins who are 8 years old will probably stick with our Ruger .22/.45 for a couple more years before they graduate to a major caliber.

Of the three older kids, our oldest decided her really wants a Beretta 92 (M9). Our daughter liked the 9VE but REALLY like the S&W M&P 9c she held. ($500) And our middle kid decided her liked the S&W SD9 the best because it has the same grip as the 9VE but a better trigger.

My wife has decided that she will be getting a Kahr CW9 and I think I may pick one up for myself eventually. We both really liked that gun.

All in all we had a great time and everyone now has a gun in mind that they really want.

If you live in the Indianapolis area, I highly recommend Bradis. Check them out. Good prices and some great guys.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Very cool sunday trip for the family!!! I really dig that your oldest son liked the Beretta M9...that is an awesome weapon!!!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I would second the "good choice" on the M9.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

TN Mike, your in for some good times with your kids. My kids and I shoot together all of the time and it really is some quality time and builds a lot of memories. Especially when they start to out shoot you. My youngest son can shoot the eyes out of a knat, which is ok with me, but I raise a big fuss because he really enjoys beating the old man.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    TN Mike, your in for some good times with your kids. My kids and I shoot together all of the time and it really is some quality time and builds a lot of memories. Especially when they start to out shoot you. My youngest son can shoot the eyes out of a knat, which is ok with me, but I raise a big fuss because he really enjoys beating the old man.
    My 11 year old can out shoot me (rifle). For some reason I find it both embarrassing and exciting at the same time.

My oldest has been able to out shoot just about everyone we have encountered at the ranges we have been to with his Marlin model 60 since he was about 10 years old. He's 20 now.

My daughter is a very good shot with my wife's XD sub compact and my middle child is a good shot with my Glock. The twins are getting better with the Ruger .22/.45 all the time. We always have a good time when we shoot.

The family that shoots together stays together.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Sounds like an awesome trip keep it up, me and my old man still go shooting together and the only handgun I own that I would never get rid of was a gift from him when I was 19.

VIP Member
    Sounds great Mike!!

And if you're going to put a plug in for Bradis, you should also put in a link to their website.

I'll save you the trouble. Here you go BRADIS.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Sponsored Links