You heard about the guy who shot a postage stamp on metal hoop tossed in the air

This is a discussion on You heard about the guy who shot a postage stamp on metal hoop tossed in the air within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe someone can help me out but i heard about a guy who who tossed a round hollow metal hoop with postage stamp attacthed sometime ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: You heard about the guy who shot a postage stamp on metal hoop tossed in the air

You heard about the guy who shot a postage stamp on metal hoop tossed in the air

Maybe someone can help me out but i heard about a guy who who tossed a round hollow metal hoop with postage stamp attacthed sometime ago and hit a clean shot through the stamp tossed in the air. Thats about all i know. Not saying that it couldnt be done but, thats one those lifes mysterys you have to ponder all your life. lol Is there and truth to this. What do you think the best marksman in the world chances would be. I would say pretty slim but i could be wrong so iam skinda skepitcal it could be some sort of hoax. So would this be Good Bad or Ugly LOLThanks

2. Remove Ads

That shot was made by Jimmy Stewart in "Winchester 73"!

Oh, by the way, welcome to the DC Forum from Delaware!
    Last edited by Hiram25; March 14th, 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Typo
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I have seen Tom Knapp do it on Impossible Shots. You might be able to find video of it online. I don't have time to look right now.

Personally I think the best I have seen is Bob Munden spinning a half dollar with a .45, that or opening a safety pin without bending it. Its not my favorite show but once in awhile they have some really cool shots.
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

I agree it was probably Tom Knapp, recreating the scene from the movie. Bob Munden is a damn fine shooter also. Lots of great talent on Impossible Shots.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Shooting a Postage Stamp? Do you know how expensive those things are? That's crazy!

All kidding aside, probably Tom Knapp. He has shot a .22 round through a tossed washer so a postage stamp would not be much more difficult for him.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I could do it......If the hoop was about a foot in diameter with equivalent size stamp
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I know he could do it. He is much better than I, and I can hit quarters tossed in the air with my .22 .

VIP Member
    I have a buddy that can shoot a paintball out of the sky 8 out of 10 times with his paintball gun. It's pretty impressive to watch him do it over and over again without missing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

James Garner in "Support Your Local Sheriff".

Luckey McDaniel

Does anybody remember Lucky McDaniel?

He was an acquaintance of my father's and an amazing person. As an instructor, he could get you hitting pennies tossed in the air with a BB gun, usually in one session of an hour or two.

Luckey had a contract with the Army to teach what he called instinct shooting in a program the Army called "Quick Kill." Daisey sold a set based on his training they called "Quick Skill" that included a BB gun, eye protection and, I think, some target disks.

Lucky also was hired by several major league baseball teams to apply his training methods to batting.

Interesting guy!

Lucky McDaniel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Administrator
    Bob Munden has tossed a metal washer (with a postage stamp covering the hole) up into the air and plugged the washer clean through the hole.
    He has hit Dimes tossed into the air also....

The Topperweins were a trick shooting couple back in the day that were very good also.

Tom Knapp re created the shot, but there was an exibiton shooter that made the original for Jimmy Stewart on the set of Winchester 73. They discussed it on the show, but now the name escapes me.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

James Garner in "Support Your Local Sheriff".
    One of the best movies ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links