S&W M&P 15-22 Issue

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 15-22 Issue within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm having a problem with my M&P 15-22. No matter how many rounds I load in my magazine the first round in the magazine always ...

Thread: S&W M&P 15-22 Issue

S&W M&P 15-22 Issue

I'm having a problem with my M&P 15-22. No matter how many rounds I load in my magazine the first round in the magazine always jams while loading. After the first round the remaining rounds run flawlessly.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I found if you wiggle the feed assist button up and down a little while loading you get all the rounds with the tips up . If the tip of the bullet isn't nose diving in the mag it feeds fine. If only one mag has this problem , perhaps it is defective.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I ordered a new mag today, I figured I should have one anyway. Next time I get out to the range I'll try wiggling the feed assist button. I wanted to clean the mag, but I can not get the spring out. It's a 25 round magazine pinned to 10, the pin prevents the spring from being removed.

Try banging the magazine a few times from the bottom after reloading it and before you put it back into the gun. BUnker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Your gun hates New Jersey. You should move to a state that is less oppressive.

Seriously, I can't help as it could quite possibly be the 10 round mag restriction causing you problems. My 15-22 mags are all 25 rounders.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    Your gun hates New Jersey. You should move to a state that is less oppressive.
    Probably in 12 years when my youngest graduates high school. Then again I hear that all the gun problems in NJ come from our neighboring stating.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Probably in 12 years when my youngest graduates high school. Then again I hear that all the gun problems in NJ come from our neighboring stating.
    New York, yep. Not from PA though... unless you are counting the asshats in Philadelphia. That city is out of control and most of Pennsylvania declines to claim Philthydelphia.

We do, however, feel for those poor souls trapped within the confines of the city limits that are actually still sane and normal... or at least mostly sane and normal.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Yes, I referring to the City of Brotherly Hate (Philly).

My new magazine (S&W 10 round) finally arrived (on one the left with blue). The spring feels tighter then the magazine I had been using and it is kind of hard to tell but the plastic that pushes the round up into the chamber sits up a little higher. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend to test it out.
    Attached Images

Links