Sight Suggestions

Sight Suggestions

This is a discussion on Sight Suggestions within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just curious if anyone could suggest any good sights that are good for both IDPA and CC. There are so many options out there that ...

Thread: Sight Suggestions

Sight Suggestions

Just curious if anyone could suggest any good sights that are good for both IDPA and CC. There are so many options out there that I am completely lost.

So far Ive found Warren Tactical (Tritium sights) that look pretty neat and some Fiber optic sights from Dawson precision. Thing is I'm a lil concerned about FO for carry. Any suggestions? These are for an M&P full size and there so many damn choices out there!

On a full size M&P that I use for training and the range, I have the Warren Tactical's Sevigny Competition Sights, which have a fiber optic front sight, and like them a lot. You are right to be concerned about FO for a carry pistol. You might check out the Sevigny Carry Sights that come in several flavors. Pay attention to whether you would want the standard or 'Narrow Notch" rear sight. Have a look:

Warren/Sevigny Sights
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

So, what exactly the concern with FO sights for concealed carry?
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    So, what exactly the concern with FO sights for concealed carry?
    Main concern is having the FO pop out in the event I ever come across the worse possible scenario (aka actually having to use my firearm in a SD situation)

I've been running Warrens for about a year now. Black rears and a tritium front. Great sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Forscythe87 View Post
    Just curious if anyone could suggest any good sights that are good for both IDPA and CC. There are so many options out there that I am completely lost.

So far Ive found Warren Tactical (Tritium sights) that look pretty neat and some Fiber optic sights from Dawson precision. Thing is I'm a lil concerned about FO for carry. Any suggestions? These are for an M&P full size and there so many damn choices out there!
    I've never heard anything bad about either. Most shooters I know use Dawson. I personally can't stand FO sights. They can be so bright it distracts me from my hard focus on the front sight. I would recommend all black sights with a crisp clear sight picture. I even replaced my stock revolver sight with a narrower front to get more daylight on each side during rapid fire.

Tritium is nice, they do fade in ~ 10 years and then you have dot sights. YMMV
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I like Trijicon Sights...check them out.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I have three guns with trijicons and they are pretty nice-I don't really do competitions so I can't really help on that subject . The trijicons warranty is 5 or 12 years depending on which color you get.

Just put XS Big Dots on SWMBO's Kimber. They are really nice and easy to see.

I have the Warren Tacticals on two guns I shoot in competition. I think it is a very good sight picture.

I have FO on four different guns and with dry firing, range time and shooting matches, I have only broken one FO. If you do break one, you still have the black front sight to make your shot.

That being said, I don't know if I would use the FO front on a CCW gun. I usually opt for black rear Tritium front or depending on what gun you have the Ameriglo hack sights are nice. Black rear tritium front and the front is outlined in red.

Sponsored Links