Mall closes for 10 hours due to a "long black object" thought to be a rifle

This is a discussion on Mall closes for 10 hours due to a "long black object" thought to be a rifle within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com Police evacuated the Valley View Mall on Monday after receiving reports of a man carrying a long black object entering the shopping ...

Thread: Mall closes for 10 hours due to a "long black object" thought to be a rifle

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Mall closes for 10 hours due to a "long black object" thought to be a rifle

HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Police evacuated the Valley View Mall on Monday after receiving reports of a man carrying a long black object entering the shopping complex. Surveillance video confirmed the sighting.
    No word yet if Bigfoot was also in the video sighting.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Probably an umbrella.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Probably was going to purchase ammo, like I read in another thread. They were trying to pass a law that would require you to take your weapons to the store to purchase ammo for it. Can you imagine this event times 100!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Probably was going to purchase ammo, like I read in another thread. They were trying to pass a law that would require you to take your weapons to the store to purchase ammo for it. Can you imagine this event times 100!
    That should be something to think about
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

If they pass that law I'd like to go to the store with a dozen of my friends <insert evil grin> just to prove how utterly stupid it is.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by tflhndn View Post
    If they pass that law I'd like to go to the store with a dozen of my friends <insert evil grin> just to prove how utterly stupid it is.
    I would love to see that
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I live near this mall (Valley View); it had previously posted a "No Firearms Allowed" clause under its code of conduct posted at the mall hallway entrances, so I always entered via a exterior store entrance. On my last visit, exiting via a mall hallway door I did not notice that prohibition. However, this mall (or rather the parking lot) is THE ONE PLACE in town where I believe I need to carry. A few months ago, one of the store security guys chased a shoplifter into the parking lot and FIRED ON THE GUY! Shootings regularly occur on the surrounding retail/food/beverage/pancake lots and purse snatchings are frequent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tflhndn View Post
    I'd just get a shopping cart and load every gun I got that would fit in it and then push it in and watch the puddles of yellow liquid start pooling around peoples feet
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'd just get a shopping cart and load every gun I got that would fit in it and then push it in and watch the puddles of yellow liquid start pooling around peoples feet

I am cracking up! How about we call that a pea party?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

The "GUN" sure lools like an umbrella from the news photos. The last report i saw said the Police now do not think it was a gun.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    Probably an umbrella.
    That's what I'm thinking. I once had a felony stop performed on me in college because a rookie cop thoght he saw me coming out of a resturaunt with a shotgun. (It was my Golf unbrella )

I complied without being a smarta$$ and everything was cool. The cop and I had a good laugh afterwards.

However, I really wish the sheeple that make over zealous and false 911 calls should be billed and fined.

I totally agree that people who make false calls about "a man with a gun" should be billed for the expense! Bill them for the time the police officers have to "waste", and in this case, bill them for the projected lost sales of all the businesses in the mall for the time the mall was closed as a result of the calls!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

What a funny paranoia.
    Once I was looking for a rucksack long enough to conceal my shorty shotgun in (31cm, close to legal minimum limit). The perfect way to do it was trial and error, so I took my shotgun with be (in older rucksack, not openly, of course) and checked longest rucksacks by fitting it in. I tried to do it while standing behind something, but I'm sure somebody saw it.. but nobody cares.
    Here we have a "man with machinegun principle" - if you see a man with machinegun - it's OK, it's his job or something.

Links