Anyone use the P229 as a duty gun?

This is a discussion on Anyone use the P229 as a duty gun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking I may need to buy a firearm soon as I plan on taking some firearms courses and I'm looking to get a job ...

I'm thinking I may need to buy a firearm soon as I plan on taking some firearms courses and I'm looking to get a job as a security guard. I'm leaning towards the P229 because I can use it as both a duty gun and a CCW, but was wondering if the difference between sight radius on the P229 compared to the P226 made a huge impact on accuracy?

Administrator
    It makes no impact for the type of shooting that you will do. If you were choosing a target pistol the 226's sight radius would be a slight advantage, but for a combat pistol go with what you are comfortable with.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks. I was also wondering, do P226 mags fit the P229 like the Glock 17 and 19?

Distinguished Member
    226 magazines will fit and work in a 229 but they won't sit flush and will stick out the bottom of the grip.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

I would think the 229 would work fine for what you are going to be doing. I carry a 226 on duty and I have seen several people use the 229's on the 25 yard combat course and do just as good as I do. Some people have done terrible with the 229 but they probably just suck at shooting. So if your a decent shot, then I see you having no problem. If you are a terrible shot, then I would probably just practice with the 229 a bunch.

Links