Mini-14 Trigger

This is a discussion on Mini-14 Trigger within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; First off, let me say I love my mini-14. That having been said, last week, I was out of town and went to a local ...

Thread: Mini-14 Trigger

VIP Member

Mini-14 Trigger

First off, let me say I love my mini-14. That having been said, last week, I was out of town and went to a local gun store that is a mid-level web seller as well. They had a very good deal for a Marlin XL7 (30-06)/3-9x40 scope package, so being in a contiguous state to mine, I purchased it.

Over the weekend, I took both the XL7 and the mini-14 to the range. The plan was to break in the barrel on the XL7 and shoot a bit with the mini-14 while the XL7 cooled between shots.

I must say the XL7 has a fantastic trigger - as all the reviews say it does. This brought into relief the trigger on the mini-14. I had never before really noticed how rough the trigger on the mini-14 is - it is kind of like moving a broomstick through a box of saltines. It works and accuracy is not compromised, but it is not particularly satisfying.

Does anybody know if there is an easy way to do a trigger job on a mini-14 or is this a gunsmith type project? I appreciate any input y'all have.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

If it works, and accuracy is good, then I would say leave it alone and just get used to it. I guess I am of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality.

Frankly, I don't get all the fuss over triggers. I just shoot the darn thing!

When I first got my Marlin 336 lever rifle, the "floating" trigger felt weird to me. Guess what? That's how the trigger is, so I adapted to it. No biggie.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Hi!
    I don't post offend, but I have a Mini-30 that I love. I used to get a lot of info from a website perfectunion.com. It's gone way down hill now that it's been sold but, it's still the best place on the web for Mini-14 & 30's. A man called Gundoc has some videos on doing a trigger job yourself, or sending him the trigger group & letting him do it. He's reasonably priced & very knowledgeable. He's always been happy to help with info too. Great guy! Good luck & happy shooting!

Links