Mystery Scope

This is a discussion on Mystery Scope within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, all you eagle eyes, I am looking to figure out what type of 3-9 x 40 scope I have. I purchased a Marlin XL7 ...

Thread: Mystery Scope

VIP Member

Mystery Scope

OK, all you eagle eyes, I am looking to figure out what type of 3-9 x 40 scope I have. I purchased a Marlin XL7 with scope package for a very attractive price. Basically, Marlin is giving away the scopes.

The scope has no identifying marks on it and I mean none except the little s in a diamond on the zero in rings - see the pic below.

I called Marlin and all they could tell me is that it was supplied by them. They have a confidentiality agreement with the scope manufacturer. So, at this point all I can call it is a Marlin scope.

I appreciate any input y'all have.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Ive been burning up my Google-Fu.....try this place out

Standard PACKAGE Scope on XL7

from the bottom poster
    "Picked up the new '06' rifle this evening. Scope paperwork (one piece, half-sheet only has '2008 Delta OEM LLC...Made in China'. Go figure "
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    Thanks Tyler11B. I think it is the Bushnell Banner without the identifying marks. All parts appear to have the same look and shapes. The reviews on this scope are pretty good.

I had it out for barrel break-in and was not too impressed, but then I saw that the scope was moving forward in its rings. I did not have an allen wrench with me, so I did not get a good chance to test out the scope. I have put lock-tite on the screws and tightened it down. If that does not work, I will replace the rings first to see if the scope/rifle work well together. It is somewhat of a hassle, but basically I got a free scope and rings, so I guess it is worth it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Links