Any FN shooters?

Any FN shooters?

This is a discussion on Any FN shooters? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I did a search and came up with nothing on FN handguns. Are they not that popular yet? I bought a FNP-9 that had to ...

Thread: Any FN shooters?

Any FN shooters?

I did a search and came up with nothing on FN handguns. Are they not that popular yet? I bought a FNP-9 that had to go in for repair because the slide would not lock back on the last shot but I'm still tickled with the pistol and it seems to be well made. I liked it enough I bought a USP .45 that should be here in the next few days.

I have shot a 5.7. I enjoyed it and considered purchasing one until I saw the price. Im still buying "cheap" guns
    Please take my posts with a grain of salt. I am frequently sleep deprived and always just on this side of "Krazy".

When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle. Edmund Burke

I've got an FNX-9 that I really like. I bought it because it handles similarly to my 1911s. It has a hammer and thumb safety which also functions as a decocker. I have about 1200 rounds through it and it's been flawless. If your not a Glock fan (not knocking Glocks, but you know what I mean) I think the FNX-9 is a nice handgun. Comes with 3 mags and price should be less than 600 dollars. Worth it IMO.

I own an FNP-45 that has been trouble free.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have two FNP-40's, not a bit of trouble.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have an FNP-9 with the same problem you had. When I corresponded with Bob Ailes at FNH about it, they wanted the entire gun/magazines shipped back. At the time I kind of balked at sending everything back when all I thought I needed was new mag followers/springs. I don't shoot it that often but one of these times dry-firing after that last round, I'll get frustrated enough to go through with it.

It's not my main carry gun; I mostly carry it around the homestead and surrounding woods when I want something more accurate at longer ranges than my little Kel-tec. It's a soft shooting gun with zero malfunctions other than the slide-lock issue. To me, the single action trigger feels a little mushy but I don't seem to have any problems shooting it.

Yeah I have a FN A1 308 SPR. Great rifle, and a 5.7 no problems

Lots of good info on FN guns on:
    FN FNP :: FN Forum.NET
    This company makes high quality weapons for the US Government and civilians alike. Their FNP/FNX handguns are very nice firearms.
    (Though a little large for concealed carry in warm weather, IMHO)
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

Sponsored Links