Glock 34/35...who has one?

This is a discussion on Glock 34/35...who has one? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am considering purchasing a Glock 34/35...probably a 35. I am considering doing some slight mod work to it to shoot GSSF matches and other ...

I am considering purchasing a Glock 34/35...probably a 35. I am considering doing some slight mod work to it to shoot GSSF matches and other shooting sports. Probaly some adjustbale fiber optic sights and aftermarket trigger and a magwell. Nothing too crazy.

Does any body here have one? Do you compete with them? Bone stock? Pimped out? What? Where are the best resources to get the most out of this gun?

If anybody knows me, this is not in my nature. I buy useful bone stock combat handguns. This will be a "fun gun".
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I shoot a friends G34 regularly. I try to convince him to sell it about twice a week, but he won't.

They are very nice. Once I get my own I plan to do exactly what you are going to do, but since the one I'm shooting isn't mine, I can't make any mods. :)
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I am considering purchasing a Glock 34/35...probably a 35. I am considering doing some slight mod work to it to shoot GSSF matches and other shooting sports. Probaly some adjustbale fiber optic sights and aftermarket trigger and a magwell. Nothing too crazy.

Does any body here have one? Do you compete with them? Bone stock? Pimped out? What? Where are the best resources to get the most out of this gun?

If anybody knows me, this is not in my nature. I buy useful bone stock combat handguns. This will be a "fun gun".
    I have a 34 for IDPA. It has a set of TruGlo TFO fiber sights on it, and a Ghost Ultimate disconnector. Other than that's it's stock.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

My G34 is my nightstand pistol. Beyond trijicons, it's stock, and works great. With a Surefire X300 on it, the muzzle barely moves in recoil.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

READ THE GSSF RULES about acceptable modifications before you start changing stuff. I have Dawson fiber optic fronts (.1") and target adjustable rears on both the 34 and 35. Use only orginial Glock Parts inside - they will check. I would reconsider the mag well after you read the rules. The 34 meets Glock specs the G35 does not (Mag well and after market parts) and is used only for USPSA Limited.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I have a 34 that I obtained to compete with in the KPOA (KENTUCKY PEACE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION ) competition shoots. The 3.5 pound stock trigger and longer sight radius is helpful. Our distance is from 40 yards on down to 3 yards. I left the stock adjustable sights on mine and zeroed them for 40 yards which gave me a boost, because most other competitors had fixed sites of some variation and were not able to fine tune them.

Personally, I like the factory sites on the Glock, especially the adjustables, and have never broke one or known personally of anyone that has despite all the inet negative hoopla about them being "fragile".

To tell the truth, imo, there is little difference in the level of accuracy you will get between the 17 and the 34, or the 22 and 35, other than the 3.5 pound trigger. So you could save yourself some money and just install the 3.5 pound trigger and adjustable sites.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Administrator
    I bought a 34 a few years back specifically for GSSF and bowling pin shoots. It was a great performer. Other than a trigger polish and some truglos, I left it stock. I think I did put one of the grip grap plugs things in it too.
    I traded it for an 1100 when I rotated out of the Glock platform as I didnt have much use for it anymore.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I have a 34 that I obtained to compete with in the KPOA (KENTUCKY PEACE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION ) competition shoots. The 3.5 pound stock trigger and longer sight radius is helpful. Our distance is from 40 yards on down to 3 yards. I left the stock adjustable sights on mine and zeroed them for 40 yards which gave me a boost, because most other competitors had fixed sites of some variation and were not able to fine tune them.

Personally, I like the factory sites on the Glock, especially the adjustables, and have never broke one or known personally of anyone that has despite all the inet negative hoopla about them being "fragile".

To tell the truth, imo, there is little difference in the level of accuracy you will get between the 17 and the 34, or the 22 and 35, other than the 3.5 pound trigger. So you could save yourself some money and just install the 3.5 pound trigger and adjustable sites.
    Well to me a 17 and 22 are "normal" Glocks...the 34/35 are not. I just want something different than the norm and that is what these guns are to me. I always buy useful guns and I want something frivolous to me. I will check GSSF rules before I mod too much. Thanks for the advice on that.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Well to me a 17 and 22 are "normal" Glocks...the 34/35 are not. I just want something different than the norm and that is what these guns are to me. I always buy useful guns and I want something frivolous to me. I will check GSSF rules before I mod too much. Thanks for the advice on that.
    Understand the want factor. You will be pleased with either 34 or 35. The longer slide makes the 34 in 9mm an absolute easy shooting gun.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I am leaning towards the .40 for right now. I will probably do fiber optic sights. The GSSF rules seem ambiguous about aftermarket trigger connectors. Can anybody tell me about the 40 vs the 9 or the rules on triggers for GSSF?

I shoot both 22 and 35 models in IDPA ... the 22 is very modified, the 35 is stock (well I added a competition barrel that tightened the group quite abit .... I like both, carry the 22, use the 35 in photoshoots and training ...

9mm vs 40 cal ............... $$ vs $$$ is one way to compare.... I've seen 9mm bounce off the steel where the 40 cal knocks it over. Most people use 9mm for the $$ factor though,.

IMHO train like you live ,.... I carry the 40 and that's what I shoot in matches .

Train Hard, Fight Smart, Because In Self Defense, There Is NO 2nd Place Winner

Greg Knox
    HGR Firearms Instruction

Well That is actually kind of what I was thinking about using .40. I am approved for Glock in .40 in my agency and carry a 23 EDC. So makes most sense.

Links