Who knows about Spanish 9mm Star B's?

This is a discussion on Who knows about Spanish 9mm Star B's? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The thread title pretty much says it, I am looking for input on Spanish Star B 9mm pistols. From what I can tell it is ...

Thread: Who knows about Spanish 9mm Star B's?

Who knows about Spanish 9mm Star B's?

The thread title pretty much says it, I am looking for input on Spanish Star B 9mm pistols. From what I can tell it is a 9mm 1911, made back around the WW2 timeframe. Anything I should be looking for if I want to buy one? What is a good price these days? How do they shoot? Pretty much I am just looking for basic knowledge, any help is as always appreciated.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I believe those were made during the early 40's by Spain for Bulgaria, then owned by Russia. As I understand they are good guns, only 10-15K made, extra parts may not be plentiful. They shoot 9mm luger, though other similar guns may shoot largo. I don't think they have a grip safety.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Gunnybunny, you stumbled upon the reason I asked when you posted the AIM website.

10-15k made back in the 40's could mean that getting spare parts is an issue.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    The thread title pretty much says it, I am looking for input on Spanish Star B 9mm pistols. From what I can tell it is a 9mm 1911, made back around the WW2 timeframe. Anything I should be looking for if I want to buy one? What is a good price these days? How do they shoot? Pretty much I am just looking for basic knowledge, any help is as always appreciated.
    It's not a 1911, it just looks like one...

I used to have one of the compact models, the BM; I liked it well enough, for a $125 pistol at the time, it was decent.

AIM just sent out an announcement they're getting a bunch in...

WWII Star Model B 9mm Pistol
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Gunnybunny, you stumbled upon the reason I asked when you posted the AIM website.

10-15k made back in the 40's could mean that getting spare parts is an issue.
    Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

Some parts are obviously available. You've just got to hope you break the right part!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Spare parts? If they're cheap enough buy two.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    It's not a 1911, it just looks like one...

I used to have one of the compact models, the BM; I liked it well enough, for a $125 pistol at the time, it was decent.

AIM just sent out an announcement they're getting a bunch in...

The world guns link Gunny sent has a picture of one disassembled, and it is rather clear in that some of the differences between it and a 1911. But it does look a whole lot like one.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Here's one for $399

Proud NRA member

There's also more info over on the Spanish Pistol Forum at Gunboards. Those that have the Stars seem to like them.
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Links