Finally a 50 BMG - Page 2

Finally a 50 BMG

This is a discussion on Finally a 50 BMG within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Congrats! She is a beauty!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally a 50 BMG

Congrats! She is a beauty!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    To Break in, shoot once, clean throughly, repeat for the first 6-8 rounds, then it's shoot twice, clean throughly, 6-10 rounds, by then it should be broken in. Be sure to check for copper fouling each and every cleaning cycle!
    If you stick with newer US ammo you should be good to go, just be cautious of anything you buy at gun shows (which is usually over priced) and Sportsman guide seems to have the best prices on 100 round lots, and you can save more by joining their buyers club.

Sportsman guide .50 BMG ammo
    Thanks for the info. I will be reloading also any hints to components to stay away from?

I'd love to own one but in Central Ky it's hard to find a place any farther than 400 yards to shoot.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Sick. I wouldn't even have a place to shoot that gun. But, sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Bob View Post
    I'd love to own one but in Central Ky it's hard to find a place any farther than 400 yards to shoot.
    I can reach out to 600 yards at the farm, but that is backing all the way out to the road, so 540 is usually my max. Found this today something to aspire too...
    Rasmussen Shoots 1.9557" group at 1000 yards, and sets Four 50-Caliber World Records

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    At last weekend's Crossroads show in Phoenix I saw .50 BMG (British Kynoch) for under $2 a round in quantity... check out J+G Sales in Prescott, AZ.

Enjoy that big boomer!
    I was just re reading the thread and saw your post, I have a friend that lives in Prescott and will give him a call... Bottom line if it is not corrosive you simply cannot reload for that price.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

That is way to cool; let me know if you find a IWB for it..... one heck of a varmet gun for sure... I would love to shoot one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    That is way to cool; let me know if you find a IWB for it..... one heck of a varmet gun for sure... I would love to shoot one.
    My son wanted to take mine Coyote hunting and I said NO! that round is far to dangerous unless you have a good back stop, that and when it impacts my berm... It looks like someone takes a 5 gal bucket of dirt and throws it in the air....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    My son wanted to take mine Coyote hunting and I said NO! that round is far to dangerous unless you have a good back stop, that and when it impacts my berm... It looks like someone takes a 5 gal bucket of dirt and throws it in the air....
    I bet it does, when we shoot on the weekends there is a huge difference in the impact on the berm between a 40 cal and a 44 mag, I can only think that think hits like a brick! (really really fast brick)

I read the posted link to the article. Not helping with my "want's" here guys.

Not only do the Israelis make a great handgun, evidently they do a fine job with the heavy rifle too.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    I read the posted link to the article. Not helping with my "want's" here guys.

Not only do the Israelis make a great handgun, evidently they do a fine job with the heavy rifle too.
    It's kind of like potato chips... you can't have just one..... and the smile when you squeeze off a round is well er, you do know that smiling is good for your health don't you....

One more hint, go out and buy a snap cap for your new toy, when you go to the range check your aim with the snap cap as many times as necessary until you can squeeze the trigger and the cross hairs do not move off target, then put in the real deal and go for it....

I have a wish list in my time now looooonng accuracy international (.338 Lapua or .50). It is not a problem, can not feed her, not to mention her home....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links