Finally a 50 BMG

This is a discussion on Finally a 50 BMG within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I’ve wanted a big 50 and I just secured one, I wanted a M2 but $22,000 is a little out of my range. Well I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a 50 BMG

Finally a 50 BMG

I’ve wanted a big 50 and I just secured one, I wanted a M2 but $22,000 is a little out of my range. Well I have a Barrett M107 Coming from Texas before Adam Kline and his honchos make it illegal in Washington to have one. I’ll post pics when it gets in next week.

I think this will complete my collection, but the eating habits of this kid will be costlyI think a new dillion press is in order.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congratulations, I'm looking forward to pictures and how it did on a range. I've been thinking about getting one myself, though I'm not well-schooled on what all Barrett has to offer. What's the difference in yours and the M82A1
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

It has a lengthened accessory rail, rear grip, and monopod socket. Barrett has recently been tasked with developing a lightweight version of the M107 under the "Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle Congressional Program," and has already come up with a scheme to build important component parts such as the receiver frame and muzzle brake out of lighter weight materials.
    I will be taking it to Eastern Washinton for testing.

Here it is

TA DA, SWEET cant wait to take it out!

mine.jpg
    mine 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinfavis View Post
    TA DA, SWEET cant wait to take it out!

mine.jpg
    mine 2.jpg
    Wow that thing is way cool. Makes me almost want to cough up the change myself...

Lead Moderator
    Nice!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I love mine. I hope you get to shoot yours more than I do though. It and my 98b spend a lot of lonely time together!

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Bought mine a couple of years back, finally picked up a reloading set too down in Knob Creek. Bullets were on sale a while back at Midway but primers are very pricey as compared to LRM.
    Cheapest rounds other than at the Knob creek shoot I have found is in Sportsman Guide, if you belong to their club you can save the extra real fast. About $3.50 a round which is still cheaper than my .416 rem mag.

Beware there is some corrosive ammo out there, and keep her clean copper fouling is an issue....

.45 ACP next to a .50 BMG

(photo is before the bi pod was mounted) N say HI to Vera.... Oh and yes she is a tack driver.....

"The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Bought mine a couple of years back, finally picked up a reloading set too down in Knob Creek. Bullets were on sale a while back at Midway but primers are very pricey as compared to LRM.
    Cheapest rounds other than at the Knob creek shoot I have found is in Sportsman Guide, if you belong to their club you can save the extra real fast. About $3.50 a round which is still cheaper than my .416 rem mag.

Beware there is some corrosive ammo out there, and keep her clean copper fouling is an issue....

.45 ACP next to a .50 BMG

(photo is before the bi pod was mounted) N say HI to Vera.... Oh and yes she is a tack driver.....

Please inform me, I know how to break in a barrel in right, but brands of corrosive ammo i dont--- Please inform me.

At last weekend's Crossroads show in Phoenix I saw .50 BMG (British Kynoch) for under $2 a round in quantity... check out J+G Sales in Prescott, AZ.

Enjoy that big boomer!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

OMG !!!! just got back tonight, this it the best gun I’ve ever tried out. The next best thing would be a General Electric Mini gun. But for a 1000 meter shot and accurate, freakin amazing! It took 6 rounds to hit my target at over 1200 meters, after sighting in and barrel break in. The winds are not that big of a factor with this round.... 10 mph varible 61 degrees 40% humidity. I think after getting some dope down and with some practice I can get surgical with this.

I'm jealous.

I've had an Accuracy International (.338 Lapua or .50) on my wish list for a looooonng time now. Not that it matters, could not afford to feed her, let alone bring her home.

Congrats on your new family member. Treat her well.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Very nice. I would also love to have one. my wife would too. But I have no idea where I would ever be able to shoot it. And I surely couldn't afford the ammo to fire it as much as i would want to.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

To Break in, shoot once, clean throughly, repeat for the first 6-8 rounds, then it's shoot twice, clean throughly, 6-10 rounds, by then it should be broken in. Be sure to check for copper fouling each and every cleaning cycle!
    If you stick with newer US ammo you should be good to go, just be cautious of anything you buy at gun shows (which is usually over priced) and Sportsman guide seems to have the best prices on 100 round lots, and you can save more by joining their buyers club.

Sportsman guide .50 BMG ammo
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links