Defensive Carry banner

March 29, 2011 Happy 100 year anniversary to the 1911 use in the military

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bmcgilvray 
#1 ·
On March 29th, 1911 the "Automatic Pistol Caliber .45 1911" was adopted into the US. Military Arsenal.

Happy Birthday 1911 cheers to YOU!!!!!!

#2 ·
On March 29, 1911 the United States Military adopted (in my opinion) the BEST firearm for their official use.

There are tons of video's on YouTube about it. Since 2011 is the 100th anniversary of John Moses Browning's invention of the gun many of us love so much, I am hoping to get a Colt model full size 1911 by December 31st, we will see.

Today I am going to the range to shoot my 1911 in celebration of this anniversary, that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks Mr. Browning. Well done.

P.S. my father's best friend showed me his fathers WWII 1911 the other day. His dad was shot down during WWII and while waiting for rescue, he took a piece of his windshield of his bomber and put it in his pocket, now the grips for his 1911 are made out of that windshield, I should have taken pic's, if I see it again, I will photograph it and share it here.

#5 ·
Among the biggest mistakes the US Army ever made was getting rid of the .45 M1911 in favor of the current Beretta 9mm side-arm...

#6 ·
Happy 100th Anniversary on being adopted by the United States War Department as the official service arm. :congrats:

(it is not it's birthday though :wink:)

Reactions: JD
#7 ·
I'm going to pick up my car at the garage with a 1911 in a shoulder holster beneath a jacket in celebration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.