...KelTec PMR 30...

This is a discussion on ...KelTec PMR 30... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...Anyone on the forum have one of these. I just bought one but the weather has been so terrible I haven't had the time to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ...KelTec PMR 30...

Cool ...KelTec PMR 30...

...Anyone on the forum have one of these. I just bought one but the weather has been so terrible I haven't had the time to get to the range to run it through it's paces. If you've got one share with me your experience & thoughts.

2. Remove Ads

Picked it up last week but in the same boat as you the weather hasn't been warm enough yet, but planning on going to the indoor range at the LGS this week. All I have is a few pics and I'm guessing you saw the yellow ammo recommendations tag? Luckly I picked up the right ammo before reading the manual. I do like the red and green fiber optic sights, it has a strong front sight acquisition with the two colors which makes them very quick to line up on target. I'll check back in a couple days ounce I get to the range. Congrats on the new plinker with some attitude

Here is a link with some more info on the PMR's =KTOG KTOG Forum - Official PMR-30 ammo recommendation.
    For the most reliable functioning of your PMR-30.
    Kel-Tec Recommends:
    -CCI Maxi-Mag 40grain
    Kel-Tec Recommends NOT using:
    -Armscor 40gr
    -Fiocchi 40gr
    -Any other NON-US made ammunition
    Attached Images

...rson63...Do let me know how things work out at the range. All I've bought is the CCI. I had some from 2 years ago, plus I've stocked up on a bunch since I purchased the gun.

...The gun feels cheap. Has the look of a Nitendo video-game gun. A lot of plastic for the money. I only paid $347 for mine. The thing that sold me on the gun was the idea of having 30 rounds of mag ammo, with light recoil. I had read some articles on the weapon, then went shopping at two local gun stores, but neither one had one in stock. A few weeks later, I went to this other gun store to buy some ammo, and lo and behold, there it was behind the glass. Obviously I bought it. Now, if I could only get to a range and fire it.

mine will shoot anything .....

steve

Want

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Glad you found one, they are had to come by here. It is on my short-list. I hope it works out well for both of us.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MTeer View Post
    ...rson63...Do let me know how things work out at the range. All I've bought is the CCI. I had some from 2 years ago, plus I've stocked up on a bunch since I purchased the gun.

...The gun feels cheap. Has the look of a Nitendo video-game gun. A lot of plastic for the money. I only paid $347 for mine. The thing that sold me on the gun was the idea of having 30 rounds of mag ammo, with light recoil. I had read some articles on the weapon, then went shopping at two local gun stores, but neither one had one in stock. A few weeks later, I went to this other gun store to buy some ammo, and lo and behold, there it was behind the glass. Obviously I bought it. Now, if I could only get to a range and fire it.
    Got up to the range today to put the PMR threw it paces, ended up putting 200 rounds of CCI down range with only a couple small issues. The first issue if not both were my doing, when getting comfortable with my grip I released the heel mag release and the gun didn't cycle. One of the mags was a lot harder to load than the other and started to bind with only ten plus rounds, I did end up getting 30 in but should of left out the last five. Because halfway threw the mag the bullets didn't move up with every shot and were stuck about half way down. It only happend ounce so I'm going to say it was my doing the gun is very accurate the trigger is very smooth and light I'm guessing under 4 pounds. Don't think you'll be disapointed in this fun little range gun, hopefully somebody is working on a mag loader and some upgraded mags. Going back with some other ammo in a few days see if I'm still having the same issue with the one mag. Good luck with yours let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    Got up to the range today to put the PMR threw it paces, ended up putting 200 rounds of CCI down range with only a couple small issues. The first issue if not both were my doing, when getting comfortable with my grip I released the heel mag release and the gun didn't cycle. One of the mags was a lot harder to load than the other and started to bind with only ten plus rounds, I did end up getting 30 in but should of left out the last five. Because halfway threw the mag the bullets didn't move up with every shot and were stuck about half way down. It only happend ounce so I'm going to say it was my doing the gun is very accurate the trigger is very smooth and light I'm guessing under 4 pounds. Don't think you'll be disapointed in this fun little range gun, hopefully somebody is working on a mag loader and some upgraded mags. Going back with some other ammo in a few days see if I'm still having the same issue with the one mag. Good luck with yours let us know how it goes.
    ...Thanks for the report. The weather here is still very wet & cold. Still haven't been able to get to the shooting range. I'm reluctant to go because the place where I shoot is a long gravel road with hugh potholes & mud-holes to drive through. Some of those mud-holes feel more like a sink hole. The range itself is just a big pool of water & mud.

...Well I finally made it to the range today. I had two new guns to try-out, a KelTec PMR 30 and a Bersa Thunder 380.

> The PMR 30 was a real blast to shoot. Very accurate, light recoil, very confortable gun in your hand. I put 150 rounds through it and had two FTF's which were probably my fault when loading the mags. I never put more than 25 rounds in the mags, only because I noticed as I would try to put more in and casing on the CCI ammo was creasing...I just felt maybe I should back off stuffing too many rounds in the mag.

...I'm really glad I bought the PMR 30 it honestly exceeded my expectations. I've heard others having issues with theirs and I was expecting maybe the same, but not so. The PMR is a much better gun to fire, than it looks cosmetically (it looks like a video game gun). I'm very happy with its performance and it's a KEEPER.

> The Bersa Thunder 380 was dead on. Really great handgun. Very comfortable in the hand, the fixed sights were accurate, another keeper for me. My only problem with it was that my Bersa came with only one mag that holds 6 rounds...that's a bummer. I believe Bersa makes a model with a 14 round double-stack mag. For firing range purposes that would be the model to get. With mine I found myself doing a lot of mag loading. I've got to buy at least two more mags for this 380.

...I give two thumbs up for both weapons. I'm thrilled to own them.

It's on my to buy list, but for now the dealers in my area that get one are asking $100. over MSRP, I can wait until the market is satisfied...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

My friend got in on the reserve sale at Buds, and bought 4 to resell on GB, and keep one for himself. Looks like it will be a great little gun...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Guess with 30 rounds they are not legal in CA or NYS???
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

From what I've read " Not transferable to civilians in California, District of Colombia, or Massachusetts. Since 30 round magazines are restricted to law enforcement in Aurora IL, Chicago, Oak Park IL, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and South Bend IN, $10 off and freight paid but no magazines for civilian buyers."

Kel tec pmr30

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    From what I've read " Not transferable to civilians in California, District of Colombia, or Massachusetts. Since 30 round magazines are restricted to law enforcement in Aurora IL, Chicago, Oak Park IL, Hawaii, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and South Bend IN, $10 off and freight paid but no magazines for civilian buyers."
    I have found a local ffl that has a few of these. So tomorrow I go to check them out. I really like the 22 mag so I hope the gun is quality and fits the bill for me.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready" TR

That is a pretty cool and unique gun, never seen one in person but the videos I've seen make it look like great fun to shoot. Definitely a range toy and not a practical carry gun or caliber, and .22WMR is not priced like .22LR, it is more like .40 S&W. I put this and the FiveseveN into the category of "cool, but not practical, belongs in a large collection" category.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links