Defensive Carry banner

Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

5K views 66 replies 53 participants last post by  Rock and Glock 
#1 ·
This video by the NRA has caused me to ask the following question. What would you do if both the federal government and state government told you that you had 2 weeks to turn in your firearms and if you fail to do so you will be arrested and charged with multiple felonies and imprisonment?

YouTube - NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain

I ask this question, because I'm sure those in Australia and London swore they would not give in, yet they did. I would like to believe us Americans would take the old Charlton Heston question to hear "Over my dead body".

Just curious how y'all feel on the subject, because its one that scares most of us as firearms enthusiast.

#41 ·
oh, you want my guns,, well then, you can have them, when you can pry them from my cold dead hands and there is a pile of brass beside my body

#42 ·
Lets all remember
#1 our private citizens have more guns than ALL of our military and armed forces combined
#2 The people the goverment would have to send to take our guns would have to be willing to give up there own guns and take the guns of there family and I think that 99% wouldn't!

#43 ·
...O.K. I know this sounds crazy...But probably no any crazier than some of the posts I just read.

...Let's all trade our guns to each other. A Glock for a Glock. A Sig for a Sig. A S&W for a S&W...etc...etc. Of course each trade will be as equal as can be. Now, the Govn't will be completely confused (not that they aren't already) trying to match the guns serial number to the owner they are registered to. Please realize I just thought this up on the top of my head, I'm sure the Govn't would find a loophole, after all most of them are Liars (oh, I meant lawyers).

#44 ·
Guns! What guns? I lost those years ago.

#48 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The first few will go down easy...that last ones will be a bloodbath......

I've drawn my line in the sand...nuff said

#49 ·
I think there would be a sudden surge in boating accidents. of course here in MN there is alot of ice fishing and what happened was: I was trying to make a hole in the ice, the 9mm wouldn't do it, the .22 wouldn't do it, but the hunting rifle did and darn it all, they all fell down the hole. I couldn't tell you what lake, they all look the same this time of year :smile:

#50 ·
If you look at the Deer hunting season alone, there are almost 700,000 hunters in my state alone...The UN would have to help, the zombie apocalypse would begin. They would be talking about the 2nd revolution in 200 years.

#51 ·
If it were to ever get to that point, I'd like to believe I'd do EVERYTHING possible to defend my family from the living hell that was coming along with it. That would not include quietly surrendering however.

#54 ·
The truly sad part is that a LARGE number of sheeple would turn theirs in..................

#56 ·
I think this would be just about impossible to implement. I know many of us on this forum, including myself, have taken an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. If foreign units were brought in it would turn into open warfare quickly these country boys know the land. We may not have the heavy weapons but we can take it from them after they are dead. This is something that I have thought of and I have prepared for such.

#60 ·
That is the weak link in the whole scenario. I do not know one cop (and I happen to know a lot very well) who would do this, and I can't imagine any of the military guys I served with back then, or the ones I know now doing it either.

#61 ·
That is why they continue the anti-gun sentiment and training/teaching in school. Guns are bad..... ooh gun shirt = suspension ; ooh you made a gun symbol with your fingers suspension; toy gun? omg suspension.... what? you used a stick to play army and simulate a gun? suspension..... they are trying to brain wash generations so one day they can just trickle guns out of their lives as future generations grow older and one day the majority will be all for it.... this is why proper firearm training and getting kids and new shooters involved is vital to the firearms survival in our culture.... they are working hard to brainwash and indoctrinate the kids in public schools.... we must work extra hard to block their attempts at indoctrinating the kids into the gun control agenda.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.