Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns.... - Page 4

Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

This is a discussion on Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by atctimmy They found Jimmy...err sort of. There was a death bed confession by one of his killers. They took Hoffa's body to ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    They found Jimmy...err sort of. There was a death bed confession by one of his killers. They took Hoffa's body to a meat packing plant and ground him up into bits.

As to the OP: I would give up my firearms in accordance with the law. How they would know who had what though would make any such law about as useless as the paper it was written on.
    Then they need to ask those guys what happened to the guns I gave Jimmy, lol.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Now I would have to think twice if I was one of the ones coming to gets the guns that were not turned in..I think my odds would be better with 4 of 6 loaded in a revolver and playing Russian roulette..
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The first few will go down easy...that last ones will be a bloodbath......

I've drawn my line in the sand...nuff said
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

I think there would be a sudden surge in boating accidents. of course here in MN there is alot of ice fishing and what happened was: I was trying to make a hole in the ice, the 9mm wouldn't do it, the .22 wouldn't do it, but the hunting rifle did and darn it all, they all fell down the hole. I couldn't tell you what lake, they all look the same this time of year
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

If you look at the Deer hunting season alone, there are almost 700,000 hunters in my state alone...The UN would have to help, the zombie apocalypse would begin. They would be talking about the 2nd revolution in 200 years.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

If it were to ever get to that point, I'd like to believe I'd do EVERYTHING possible to defend my family from the living hell that was coming along with it. That would not include quietly surrendering however.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Moot point. Like many here, I swore to defend the Constitution of the United States...which includes the RKBA. If someone who claims to be MY "Government" either Fed or State tried to take my guns away, I would not recognize tgheir authority.

Come and get them
    Μολών λαβέ!
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

VIP Member
    The truly sad part is that a LARGE number of sheeple would turn theirs in..................
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Keep in mind, that should the government (state & fed) wander this far from the constitution, that there would likely be unwarranted searches (metal detectors, etc), arrest (no bail) and imprisonment (no trial).

My greatest fear is constitutional changes approved by the uneducated masses.
    Agreed, this is likely the bigger problem.

Goawayfarm is right too. I think the majority of people would turn in their firearms to comply with the law. Once they are illegal, you couldn't carry, defend, or practice with any illegally kept firearm. As soon as you use it, you go to jail. It would indeed be a tragic day in the US if 2A was lost.
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

I think this would be just about impossible to implement. I know many of us on this forum, including myself, have taken an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. If foreign units were brought in it would turn into open warfare quickly these country boys know the land. We may not have the heavy weapons but we can take it from them after they are dead. This is something that I have thought of and I have prepared for such.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

Administrator
    I'd let them know I still have them, and they all work just fine.
    "Just blame Sixto"

All I know is, I've seen Red Dawn. It didn't seem that unbelievable really....

VIP Member
    The interesting piece would be the folks in uniform that would have to enforce this act against our citizens. Again, I would not want that job.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    The interesting piece would be the folks in uniform that would have to enforce this act against our citizens. Again, I would not want that job.
    That is the weak link in the whole scenario. I do not know one cop (and I happen to know a lot very well) who would do this, and I can't imagine any of the military guys I served with back then, or the ones I know now doing it either.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links