Defensive Carry banner

Hypothetical: 2 Weeks to trade in all your guns....

5K views 66 replies 53 participants last post by  Rock and Glock 
#1 ·
This video by the NRA has caused me to ask the following question. What would you do if both the federal government and state government told you that you had 2 weeks to turn in your firearms and if you fail to do so you will be arrested and charged with multiple felonies and imprisonment?

YouTube - NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain

I ask this question, because I'm sure those in Australia and London swore they would not give in, yet they did. I would like to believe us Americans would take the old Charlton Heston question to hear "Over my dead body".

Just curious how y'all feel on the subject, because its one that scares most of us as firearms enthusiast.

#2 ·
I think that in 2 weeks all my guns will be "lost", double-barrelled will become sawn-off, TOZ-106 will lose trigger lock attached to folding stock and gas gun will be converted to a firearm.

#4 ·
I was sitting in a Yorkshire friend's living room in the summer of 1997 when he received the notice in the mail listing his Walther PPK .22, Smith & Wesson Model 586, Colt New Service .455, and Webley Mark VI .455 and instructing him to deposit them with his local PC by September. Even I'm still bitter about it.

#10 ·
Keep in mind, that should the government (state & fed) wander this far from the constitution, that there would likely be unwarranted searches (metal detectors, etc), arrest (no bail) and imprisonment (no trial).

My greatest fear is constitutional changes approved by the uneducated masses.

#14 ·
They found Jimmy...err sort of. There was a death bed confession by one of his killers. They took Hoffa's body to a meat packing plant and ground him up into bits.

As to the OP: I would give up my firearms in accordance with the law. How they would know who had what though would make any such law about as useless as the paper it was written on.

#16 ·
That would be a bad day in United States.

#17 ·
Like others have said FTF sales in OK require no paperwork. They were all sold because I was broke. I pray this is something we will not see soon but once the Constitution is trampled on it is a very slippery slope. I would probably be looking to stash my weapons. I think this type of action would lead to large amounts of armed confrontation.

#18 ·
1. Stash away all but one in less traveled areas of land I do not own.
2. Take one gun, unloaded, displayed in a non-threatening manner, with a group of like minded individuals in formation to the steps of the capitol building.
3. Neither cooperate nor resist when my property is confiscated and I am arrested
<provided that I survive step 3>
4. Spend time prison
5. Dig up one of the stashed guns
6. Repeat 1-6 until all guns are gone
7. Start building guns

#19 ·
Last September I sold all my guns to Mr. Gilmore.

Where can we find him?

He passed away last November.

#24 ·
The government would be too busy trying to deal with the revolution that would start to worry about it for long. The millions of member of the NRA plus the other few million who are non members who want to fight for their gun rights would be a formidable force for the government. The biggest problem would be how much of the military holds onto their vow to protect the constitution, and how many decide to work for the government as a a giant milita of some sort.

#26 ·
I think it would be time for the quiet majority to take up arms.... and give the world a visual aid of the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment.

I read an article a few days ago that mentioned more than 70% of small arms in the world are privately owned by US citizens.

Reactions: Old School
#28 ·
I read an article a few days ago that mentioned more than 70% of small arms in the world are privately owned by US citizens.
Do you have a source for that? There are many claims about gun ownership by us, but many are gross exagerations of the truth. Seventy percent of all small arms world wide? That sounds a bit suspicious.

#27 ·
First there would need to be nationwide firearm registration. How else would they know where to look for them them?

#29 ·
This video by the NRA has caused me to ask the following question. What would you do if both the federal government and state government told you that you had 2 weeks to turn in your firearms and if you fail to do so you will be arrested and charged with multiple felonies and imprisonment?

YouTube - NRA: To See Where Gun Licensing Leads, Look To Great Britain

I ask this question, because I'm sure those in Australia and London swore they would not give in, yet they did. I would like to believe us Americans would take the old Charlton Heston question to hear "Over my dead body".

Just curious how y'all feel on the subject, because its one that scares most of us as firearms enthusiast.
They are not the USA there a huge differance in the mind set and how we were raised. to answer the question, i guess they can have em, but the guns will be empty......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.